Author Topic: 2016 champs  (Read 2422 times)

LexiBrigante

2016 champs
« on: July 22, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »
Has there been a date and or location announced for 2016 champs? If not would the Idaho center in nampa Idaho be an option? It is a great venue with tons of room and great location for hotels, food, ect. There would also be a ton of locals happy to help out and compete in pre champs if they aren't ready for champs.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: 2016 champs
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 09:38:53 PM »
Has there been a date and or location announced for 2016 champs? If not would the Idaho center in nampa Idaho be an option? It is a great venue with tons of room and great location for hotels, food, ect. There would also be a ton of locals happy to help out and compete in pre champs if they aren't ready for champs.

That is a great option!  I looked at it before a couple years ago and loved it!  And a good airport to fly into... and tons of other great possibilities!  Send any info you have to Becky and we can check it out again!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

LexiBrigante

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »
What is a good email to send info to Becky? What info would you like? I can do some research for you guys

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 07:31:52 AM »
The Ford Idaho Center in Nampa, Idaho would be a great place to hold 2016 Champs! For all the reasons Lexi and Sharon mentioned, plus we are really growing NADAC fans in the Intermountain West and Boise is an easy central location. Lots of benefits. And a great local club ;) who would help in any way we could!

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 07:35:59 AM »
Here are some details about the venue...check it out!

http://www.fordidahocenter.com/Promoter/Arena/

elementbcs

• Element Border Collies
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 03:06:14 PM »
I think the Idaho Center would be a great place for Champs!
Ellie Allen Cook and the BC crew....

BonniDune Norwegian Wood RN STDs AX AXJ OF O-EAC O-EJC HP-O OCC TG-N TN-O WV-O, "Cedar"
Versa Foxfire NA NAJ NF NAC NJC NCC HP-N TN-N WV-N, "Ember"
HiTop's Dark Side Of The Moon, "Castiel" (in training!)

giddyup

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »
Is there any reason that the northeast isn't considered for Nadac Championship?
Thanks
Jill

Bluedog

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 03:02:25 PM »
Nampa would be a great idea. I hope it works out!   Melinda Sito

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 03:14:37 PM »
Thanks
Jill

I am not sure if there is a large enough local base.  Since many can't travel to champs, we do have to make sure we have a good local base also.  I will look into it.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

MichelleWhall

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 07:48:14 PM »
I bet a lot of the exhibit is from the Northeast would go if it was a little closer! Even Ohio farea would be great

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »
I really like the range of locations where Champs has been held recently (and Utah could just as easily be CO, WY, KS, or NE for purposes of this comparison - but heck yeah, I like having it in my 'home' state!).  Just a few numbers....

Springfield, IL:  2000 miles from Seattle, 1900 miles from LA; 1300 miles from Miami, 1400 miles from Bangor.

South Jordan, UT:  850 miles from Seattle, 700 miles from LA; 2600 miles from Miami, 2600 miles from Bangor.
So, yes, Springfield is a bit farther for the east coasters than the western location is for west coasters. But it's still pretty "central."

Having it in "inland" states, while still going east/west in alternate years, really makes it more do-able for more people.
It also spreads out the travel costs - one year it's a bit closer, the next it's a bit farther.  At least people can kinda plan for that.

(The above locations were chosen simply for their "four corners of the US" locations - not necessarily where there is a big NADAC contingent.
Nor was airline connections/costs included.  Just some rough numbers for consideration....)

diane

Rosemary

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 09:05:50 AM »
Thanks
Jill

I also think it would be worth considering the Northeast for Nadac Champoinships

BeckyAH

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 02:01:43 PM »
I understand that the bulk of NADAC competitors are out west.

I understand that not everyone can travel.

However, all the competitors aren't west, and that includes people who can't travel.

Every other year being east might be too much, but surely every few or several years it could be done.  Particularly if you want representation to grow and/or want new people attending.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 04:27:16 PM »
I understand that the bulk of NADAC competitors are out west.

I understand that not everyone can travel.

However, all the competitors aren't west, and that includes people who can't travel.

Every other year being east might be too much, but surely every few or several years it could be done.  Particularly if you want representation to grow and/or want new people attending.

I don't clearly understand the message.  I don't think that there is any "bulk" in either direction.  Competitors are pretty evenly spread from east to west.  Every other year the champs are easterly and the other year it is westerly.

We are always open to new locations and always have been.  I am not sure what the question is in the post.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility