Author Topic: Sharon update  (Read 3086 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Sharon update
« on: August 19, 2015, 05:01:35 PM »
Hey everybody,

So we have some answers now, here is the deal.

Sharon has a very treatable and non invasive form of rectal cancer.   From what they have told us this is very different from colon cancer and much more treatable and not nearly as serious.

So there is that.

She is doing good now that they have figured this out so they aren't doing things to cause her pain any more like the first few days. 

She also has a very positive outlook on this and is already planning on how to get back to (mild) work and is even hoping to make it to Championships.

Overall it could have been much worse so everyone here is pretty happy considering the alternate options.

For now they are doing a couple more scans to be positive that it's a localized issue, which they are pretty confident it is.   And then they will start planning on surgery once she talks to the oncologist and surgeons.

So there ya have it.   Thank you again to everyone for the support, we really appreciate it.

Amy McGovern

Re: Sharon update
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 05:09:52 PM »
Get well as soon as possible!

-Amy and the schnauzers
Amy and the schnauzers

judy.whitbred

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 05:18:33 PM »
Thanks for letting us know Chris.  It's always good to have an answer to what is going on.  I have no doubt that Sharon will be up and running around again in no time at all.  Nothing can keep her down!!!  Please give her our best.

Judy Whitbred

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 05:23:26 PM »
Thanks for the update, Chris.  Hugs all around to you guys.  You know the whole NADAC family will step up to make life as easy for you all as we can.
Jean & Tux
Montana

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 05:23:45 PM »
So happy you have some answers.   Hope the treatment will be easy and Sharon will be back with us soon.  Is she able to get on line?
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 05:39:05 PM »
So happy you have some answers.   Hope the treatment will be easy and Sharon will be back with us soon.  Is she able to get on line?
Linda

She can get online but I am very thankful that she is using that option sparingly and focusing more on healing :)

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 05:49:54 PM »
Chris, I want to "Like" your last post! Maybe if you do some mark work with her, you can teach her to relax! ;)

Seriously, she needs to rest and focus on herself for now. We will all survive without her for a bit, knowing that she really needs this time to take care of herself.

Again, good luck to all of you helping her rest and get through treatment. And then rest some more!

Take care,

Murrelet
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

coagility

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »
Will be praying for your Mom, Chris.  Thanks for the update.   

Gary Visintainer

• Judge
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 06:09:33 PM »
Thanks Chris may she have a speedy recovery.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 06:31:58 PM »
Linda

She can get online but I am very thankful that she is using that option sparingly and focusing more on healing :)

I sent her an e-card.  She always seemed to like them.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Tikvah01es

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 06:50:25 PM »
Thanks Chris for the update.  Lots of prayers and hugs!  Give my very best to Sharon!  She is a strong lady!

Rachelle
Rachelle Jensen

Cheryl Gilbert

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 07:10:16 PM »
Thanks so much for the update.  Sharon and your family will remain in my prayers as well as the prayers and thoughts of countless others!  She needs to stop, relax and focus on getting better.  I like the idea of the mark bucket wait training but I don't think that sit is the best command for her.  :-)
Cheryl Gilbert
Cheryl Gilbert with
Emmy and Allie
Rachel, Becky, Twinkles, Honey, Lucky, Wally, Benny and Daisy waiting on the other side....

Deni

• Judge
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 07:19:52 PM »
Sending our wishes for a speedy resolution and recovery.   Thanks for sending the update!

You're all in our thoughts.

Denise   

Denise

Becky Wolfe

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers that way for the whole family.
Becky with Sonic, Nala, Herbie and Nitro
NM

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 08:04:21 PM »
Continuing prayers going out for Sharon.  Now that the problem is known, it can be dealt with.  Let's keep up the prayers, and positive energy or whatever anyone calls it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:00:31 PM by Richard Wolfe »
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven