Author Topic: Point review area  (Read 10098 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Point review area
« on: August 27, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »
Hey guys and gals,

So we're playing around with a new idea.
I'm gonna start posting the trial results as we get them into a interim database.   What this will do is let people know we received the results, while also letting people check to make sure there are no errors.

It's going to be a completely separate page from the regular points and I made the lettering very large to make that point clear :)

The address is:
http://nadacforum.com/Points2.php

Let me know what you guys think :)

If it turns out to be a positive thing I will work on making it prettier and also available as a tab here and a spot on the main NADAC website as well.

Cheers,
Chris

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: Point review area
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 08:05:22 PM »
This is a great idea.  Thanks for all your hard work!
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 08:43:40 PM »
It sounds like a great idea. 

That said, I can't remember the last time I was at a trial, when I did not get the results emailed to me by the trial secretary very soon after the trial (sometimes, even before I got home!).
I check that, and have never had a problem with any change from that listing to the actual point listing.

But if it's not too much trouble for you, and it helps someone, then go for it!!
Thanks.
diane

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 09:05:08 PM »
Not a bad idea Chris...it will at least let people know the club has submitted the results.  Sometimes there is delay for a number legitimate reasons between submission and merging with actual database.  It can be a sort of points holding bay :)

Exhibitors should know that once they get their results from the club that pretty much this day and age with all the wonderful software and technology that it pretty much means the club is close submitting them to NADAC.

I am all for it just as long as it isn't an extra workload for you.  Although having said that it would reduce the workload from reply to posts about concerns over whether or not points have been submitted so....
Shirlene Clark
Australia

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 09:06:25 PM »
Actually maybe you should call it that POINTS HOLDING BAY (for non merged points)   That way no one could confuse it with the real Points checking tab.
Shirlene Clark
Australia

Amy McGovern

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 05:53:55 AM »
Could you put VT points in there?  After they get scored as a Q but before they are loaded?
Amy and the schnauzers

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 08:55:30 AM »
I think this is a great idea!!!!!  Thanks so much, Chris, for taking this on as a project. 

Sara L
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »
Could you put VT points in there?  After they get scored as a Q but before they are loaded?

I can do them periodically.  For now they can't be inserted directly into the new table.

But I can do them every time that I receive new points from a club :)

Deni

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 04:48:51 PM »
Like it!

Denise
Denise

Ed and Dino

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 04:57:14 AM »
I'm going to be a dissenting opinion on this one.

When there were spreadsheets to see the points that were waiting to be uploaded you saw all the Qs and all the dogs with the information from all trials yet to be uploaded.

Here if you type your dog's registration number in and nothing comes back then what does it actually tell you.

The club has not submitted points.
The club submitted points but your dog's reg number was incorrect and you have no credit or it went to someone else but you can't see that. Also you don't know the club has submitted the points and you are not there.
The points have already moved on to the main point database. (here you can check main DB)

So the no results indication may cause more confusion than it is worth.
Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 08:12:33 AM »
Good points!
I could go back to posting the big excel file doing it this way as well.

I know just since I made the page it's helped me since I can direct people to it who are asking if a certain trial has been submitted yet and I don't personally have to go look it up.

But I'm not opposed to also doing the excel file as a secondary means of checking if this one doesn't have their info :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 10:55:16 AM »

When there were spreadsheets to see the points that were waiting to be uploaded you saw all the Qs and all the dogs with the information from all trials yet to be uploaded.

Here if you type your dog's registration number in and nothing comes back then what does it actually tell you.

The club submitted points but your dog's reg number was incorrect and you have no credit or it went to someone else but you can't see that. Also you don't know the club has submitted the points and you are not there.
The points have already moved on to the main point database. (here you can check main DB)

I really like it when someone with a dissenting opinion is polite about it and provides constructive information about their objection.  I'm sure Chris appreciates it as well.

Good job, Ed!
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »

I really like it when someone with a dissenting opinion is polite about it and provides constructive information about their objection.  I'm sure Chris appreciates it as well.

Good job, Ed!

Yup!   It's greatly appreciated :)

BeckyJohnson

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 09:58:38 PM »
I like it - and just used it.  Found it very helpful!   :)  Thanks!

Shirley Wallace

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 04:40:59 AM »
I checked both the point look up and the points waiting to be uploaded to the points, and I still don't see Ryder's 3 missing Q's from the evening Fun Raisers in Red Lodge, MT in August in either spot.  1 Elite Tunnelers and 2 open Hoopers.  Any idea who I should contact about those???  It appears they haven't been submitted to either place yet.
Thanks.
Shirley
Shirley Wallace