Author Topic: NATCH-3 Muncher  (Read 2549 times)

AgilityJeff

• Judge
    • AgilityEvents.net
NATCH-3 Muncher
« on: September 24, 2015, 05:40:28 AM »
Muncher, the dog who came to us "free to a good home" from a litter box outside a general store in Chilton, Wisconsin, and went on to change our lives in so many ways over the past 17 years, was released from his physical encumbrances on Wednesday morning.  Agility truly gave him the greatest joy in his life and we were very fortunate to be able to give him the opportunity to play with the rest of our guests one final time at this past weekend's K9 Corps Agility trial - enjoying a couple of Intro Hoopers runs and his lifetime favorite - Jumpers at 4 inches (Intro).  The "Munch-man" truly did change our lives taking me to agility trials in 9 states, making wonderful friends that we would have otherwise never known, and even taking our lives in a new direction with starting a NADAC sanctioned club and training / event facility on our property.

Muncher was never a flashy or spectacularly fast dog, he was a consistent and efficient agility partner earning 3 NATCh awards, 3 times National Champion in AMBOR Agility rankings, he was a great teacher - calmly letting me figure out all my handling weaknesses without chastising me for messing up in training or the ring, a great companion on long road trips and to Corey while doing her homework, and most of all - looking in to his eyes was an every day reminder of what unconditional love looks like.

Thanks for everything you gave us, Muncher-Buddy.  We will continue on with training and agility events to share with others the same joy you brought to our lives.

Jeff, Cheri, and Corrie Riedl
K9 Corps Agility
Greenville, WI
Jeff Riedl
K9 Corps Agility - Greenville, WI
http://K9corps.club

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: NATCH-3 Muncher
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 05:55:18 AM »
What a great tribute to a wonderful dog, Jeff.  I remember him well too.  So many of us have been similarly blessed with special dogs who have changed the direction of our lives.  I am very sorry for your loss, but happy that you are celebrating the many gifts he brought to you and your family.
Jean, Zack & Tux
Montana

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:31:05 AM »
I am so sorry to read this Jeff.  My heart goes out to you, Corrie and Cheri.  Mucher was, simply put, a great dog and a great friend.  I am sorry I missed his final runs this past weekend but I can picture the joy on his face as he ran with you.  May he be running those agility courses at the Rainbow Bridge with careless abandon!
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Carole & Pat Daggett

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 08:12:17 AM »
We both got to meet him on his home field. He truly was an exceptional dog, and not at all shy about letting anyone know that fact. No words will make you fell any better right now so enjoy the memories.

Carole and Pat Daggett

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:45:26 AM »
Very well said, Jeff.  Your family's and Muncher's lives were so enriched by having come together.  You'll have so many great memories and Muncher will now run as fast as he wants.

All my sympathies, good friend.  See you soon.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Tikvah01es

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 09:44:01 AM »
So sorry Jeff.  Beautiful tribute to an awesome dog!!

Rachelle
Rachelle Jensen

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 10:08:03 AM »
It is never easy to say good bye.  My thoughts are with you in your time of loss.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Joyce Roessner

• Judge
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »
Jeff, I am so sorry for your loss ...
Joyce Roessner
Calgary, Alberta

Patty LeRoy

• Judge
NATCH-3 Muncher
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 10:48:58 PM »
So sorry Jeff,  wonderful tribute you did!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:46:46 PM by Patty LeRoy »
Patty LeRoy
Alberta, Canada

Heidi Konesko

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 09:40:41 AM »
My condolences to you and yours.  We owe SO much to our dogs, it's really amazing the paths they take us down.
Run free, Muncher!
-Heidi in NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »
RIP Muncher!  You were such a joy and you will be missed by many!

Run free and keep that happy face until you meet again with those to which you gave so much!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

runningmadly

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 04:23:28 PM »
Jeff, we are so sorry for your loss. Tom & Pat Moloney-Harmon

KellyDittmar

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
Oh, what a sad day Jeff. So very sorry for you loss.

Kelly & the boys
Kelly Dittmar
Sam & Jake
Minnesota

Laura

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 01:00:10 PM »
Oh Jeff, I am so sorry for Muncher's going on to the Rainbow Bridge. I know how much he meant to you. I will never forget your story of his first show. That and what the two of you became as a team was pure inspiration and I thank both of you for that. Hugs to you!
Laura- Callista and Tango's mom

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 04:38:17 PM »
Jeff,

Condolences to you and your family on your loss.  It is never easy to say goodbye, but there is just something extra special about your very first agility dog. 

Gina and Jim
Gina Pizzo
Abbey, Trek and Shay