Author Topic: Age requirements for working at a trial  (Read 1154 times)

Desiree

• Trial Secretary
Age requirements for working at a trial
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:00:09 PM »
I have read the rule book about no one under the age of twelve working as a bar setter or leash runner.  My question is if you know that a twelve year old is competent to hold the timer position can they work in the ring at the score table?  The key here is that the club would know that they were competent.

Desiree
Desiree and the Munchkin gang plus one!

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Age requirements for working at a trial
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 07:47:22 PM »
I have read the rule book about no one under the age of twelve working as a bar setter or leash runner.  My question is if you know that a twelve year old is competent to hold the timer position can they work in the ring at the score table?  The key here is that the club would know that they were competent.

Desiree

If they are 12 or older, then yes!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Desiree

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:59:22 AM »
Thank you, I just wanted to clarify!!

Desiree
Desiree and the Munchkin gang plus one!

James Bell

• Judge
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 01:54:12 PM »
And don't forget Gate Steward! My middle girl was 10 or 11 when the age changed, and she was mad about it. Then she found out she could do Gate Steward, and was hell on wheels for the JCAC in Phoenix. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

James Bell

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 01:58:59 PM »
And don't forget Gate Steward! My middle girl was 10 or 11 when the age changed, and she was mad about it. Then she found out she could do Gate Steward, and was hell on wheels for the JCAC in Phoenix. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I wouldn't let anyone under 12 gate steward.  That is the area that is the most likely area for dog fights, any type of aggression activity (dog and human) and a very intense area.  I wouldn't want to see youngsters in that situation.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility