General > General Discussion

NADAC Titles and Special Awards

<< < (8/8)

smoothchipper:
Re: Top 10 by Breed - For all previous years, my smooth collie Katydid has been ranked with all collies, both rough and smooth.  But for the 2016 Top 10, my young smooth collie, Roxanne, is listed separately in Smooth Collie, while Katydid is still listed with all collies.  Is it possible to include Roxanne with all collies, as is-and-was done for my other smooth collie Katydid?
Thanks,
Catherine

giddyup:
Just a curious question.   I've been reading through some pretty old Clean Run magazines and I noticed a couple of dogs with titles listed.  Some of them are O-NATCH and O-V-NATCH.  What are those titles?
Thanks
Jill

Roger Coor:
At one time the first NATCH was a NATCH, the second was an Outstanding NATCH or O-NATCH, and the third was a Superior NATCH or a S-NATCH.  For obvious reasons they were changed to just NATCH, NATCH 2, NATCH 3, and so on.

mstomel:

--- Quote from: Roger Coor on January 17, 2018, 02:48:22 PM ---third was a Superior NATCH or a S-NATCH.
--- End quote ---

I say we bring this back because I'd work really hard to say my dog has a S.NATCH award.

Sharon Nelson:

--- Quote from: Roger Coor on January 17, 2018, 02:48:22 PM ---At one time the first NATCH was a NATCH, the second was an Outstanding NATCH or O-NATCH, and the third was a Superior NATCH or a S-NATCH.  For obvious reasons they were changed to just NATCH, NATCH 2, NATCH 3, and so on.

--- End quote ---

That was back when there were few trials and it took years to earn a NATCH.  Now with 400+ trials a year, earning a NATCH or even NATCH-10 or 20 or 30 is only dependent upon how many trials you want to go to, if you have a NATCH earning dog.  Back in the olden days, even if you could afford to trial every weekend, the trials were not available for you to do so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version