Author Topic: Online Training Series with Amanda Nelson  (Read 1574 times)

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
  • Fluid Motion Agility-For the Athlete in Your Dog!
    • Fluid Motion Agility
Online Training Series with Amanda Nelson
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »
Hi Everyone!
     New Online Training Series are starting up this month! The Foundation for Contacts, Advanced Distance (no prerequisite to join) and Teaching Directionals just started but you can still enroll in any of them, and the Foundation for Distance and TEAM Training series will be starting up later this month. The Homemade Food for Dogs 101 series also starts the beginning of next month!

All of the Training Series have been moved to a new classroom that will have all the written, video lessons and discussions in one convenient place! 

If you want to check out what the video lessons look like, Lesson 1 for the Advanced Distance class is available for viewing at: Advanced Distance - Lesson 1

Each Training Series is 6 weeks long and completely self paced, you can view all of the video, written lessons and discussions at your own pace. 

For those who enroll in a Working Spot, you will also have access to many private videos of my personal training sessions, extended lessons and many other video clips.

You can enroll for any of these classes at www.fluidmotionagility.com ,  If you want to check out the forum that is used for the classes you can visit at www.fluidmotiontraining.com many of the boards are also open to those not enrolled in any Training Series.

Please email me with any questions!

Amanda Nelson
--
www.fluidmotionagility.com
For the Athlete in Your Dog!
Amanda Nelson
Online Classes and Private Lessons available!
--

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
Re: Online Training Series with Amanda Nelson
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »
I thoroughly and without reservation recommend Amanda's online training series.  For someone who lives on the other side of the world these series have brought Amanda and her incredible knowledge directly to me.  Don't be daunted by the thought of online training.....it is wonderful in that you can learn at your own pace and you can review the material many times until the "penny" drops for you.  Amanda is an excellent teacher and is able to communicate concepts, ideas and exercises clearly and extremely well.

Shirlene Clark
Australia

Joe Fisher

• Agility Photos
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »
The 2nd link (to the boards) didn't work at all for me.
The 1st link took me to the fluidmotionagility.com page, but when I click on "online classes", it says it cannot find the page.

You can enroll for any of these classes at www.fluidmotionagility.com ,  If you want to check out the forum that is used for the classes you can visit at www.fluidmotiontraining.com many of the boards are also open to those not enrolled in any Training Series.

Amanda Nelson
--
Joe Fisher
http://dogshots.biz
Seamus and Teaghan, my Std Poodles

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »
Hi Joe,
   I fixed the links on my main site, you can view the Online Training Series info here: http://fluidmotionagility.com/onlinetrainingseries.cfm 

And the forum board should be able to be found here: http://fluidmotiontraining.com/ 

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Amanda Nelson
Amanda Nelson
--

LeeAnne McAdam

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:33:17 AM »
I second Shirlene's comments.  I have thoroughly enjoyed Amanda's classes (and signed up for more!).  The information is presented very clearly and in manageable bits.  I credit her classes with helping keep me on the right track with my new girl.  Her classes are a great opportunity to have one of the best instructors out there right in your own living room as often as you need her. 
Lee Anne

Linda

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »
Amanda,

If you audit a class (I am thinking the contacts foundation class for my new pup's training), how long can you view the videos? Is it only for the 6 weeks or will you have access to them for longer?

I am also wondering what age you recommend starting this with a puppy. Con is just 6 month old..is that too young?

Thanks!
Linda & Pony(on injured reserve) & Con(pup-monster)
Linda with
Con and Sawyer
At the bridge NATCH/VNATCH Pony

"The real joy is in the privilege and ability to step to the start line with your dog by your side, not in crossing the finish line victorious over others."

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
Hi Linda!
    You can download the videos right from the site and they will also be available for all students for 3 months after the class has ended. 

I don't think 6 months would be to young to start some of the ground work with the box for contacts, you might wait to put him on the full size equipment but the box work stuff on the ground would be great for a pup!

Amanda
Amanda Nelson
--

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
Re: Online Training Series with Amanda Nelson - Auditing vs Working
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »
Hi Everyone,
   A couple people have asked if they choose a Working Spot for the classes if that means they have to submit video "homework" each week. If you enroll in a Working Spot you have the option of submitting videos to be reviewed by myself but you do NOT have to submit anything, it is completely optional.

A Working Spot gets you access to a private video site with un-edited clips of my personal training sessions with my dogs and of working with some of my students, as well as other lectures and topics. You also have the option to privately email me during the class with any questions and full access to the Working Spot board where you can post questions and also view extra written material.

As an auditor you can view all the lessons (but not the private Working Spot site) and view the discussions but you cannot submit your own video clips or participate  in discussions.

Amanda Nelson
fluidmotionagility@gmail.com
Amanda Nelson
--