Author Topic: Distance Skills and FitPaws Level 1 Online Classes Closing this week!  (Read 2488 times)

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
  • Fluid Motion Agility-For the Athlete in Your Dog!
    • Fluid Motion Agility
Hi Everyone!
   I will be closing enrollment in both the Intro to Distance Online Class and the FitPaws Level 1 Online class this week! Below is some information about both classes and links to enroll. :-D

Intro to Distance  Jan 4th - 25th

Just can't seem to get that "Out Tunnel"? Having Trouble with NADAC Chances? Wanting to work towards big distance with your dog? Well, this is the class for you! A strong Foundation is the key to success!!

In this Online Class, Amanda will be going over her foundation exercises for teaching her dogs distance skills.  She will be showing how she starts all her young dogs, with her proven groundwork exercises, to learn distance skills. Amanda will progress to more complicated exercises showing how to continue increasing your dog's distance!

http://fluidmotionagility.com/online-classes--2

FitPaws Online Class

Amanda will be offering a 6 week FitPaws Level 1 class starting on January 1st 2016. This class will cover all of Amanda's foundation exercises as well as Level 1 exercises.  During the 6 weeks working spot students can submit homework for Amanda to review and critique. This class will be limited to 10 working spots and unlimited auditors.

Working spot students will submit homework each week to the Fluid Motion Online Training site. Videos will need to be uploaded through Youtube. Amanda will review and critique videos and may ask for additional videos to be submitted depending on the exercise that week.

This 6 week class will be covering the foundation exercises Amanda trains to create proper form and build core strength. Amanda will also be showing more advanced exercises building from the foundation exercises using FitPaws equipment.  In this class Amanda will be using a Fitbone, disc and an aerobic step bench.

Students are not required to have all of this equipment as Amanda will make adjustments depending on what students have. The only required piece of equipment is an aerobic step bench, these can be found at almost any department store and on Amazon.

It is recommended that students have at least 1 Fitbone (or a disc) and the bench for this class. 

During the 6 weeks Amanda will upload one main lesson that students will submit for homework and also supplemental lessons with different equipment being used or different ways to do the exercise.

Auditors may ask questions in the forum, but may not submit any videos for review.

You can sign up for the FitPaws Level 1 class below, please chose an auditing spot or a working spot. Working spots are limited to 10 teams and unlimited auditors.

http://fluidmotionagility.com/fitpaws
Amanda Nelson
Online Classes and Private Lessons available!
--
For the Athlete in Your Dog!
www.fluidmotionagility.com

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
Re: Distance Skills and FitPaws Level 1 Online Classes Closing this week!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »
I am interested in distance work we seem to slack our side sends in particular. I cant seem to find reviews for the class though? It sounds like what we need for where we are at. And i didnt see a Fenzi class i was interested in this semester so timing is good.
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 05:48:48 PM »
Hi,
  Do you mean reviews as in what other students say? or more detailed info on the class? :-D Below is a video that will show some of the basic things I will be going over in the class. :-)
Amanda

Amanda Nelson
--

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 08:23:01 PM »
Hmm okay. Where we struggle is more during a run. I can stand and send her out to stuff stationary, that is a-ok. it is adding my motion, if I send and peal away to the next spot to stay ahead she is likely to un-commit and follow instead. I'm probably just reading her wrong, I don't leave my trajectory until I see her focused on the obstacle but she'll catch me in her side vision or something and peal away. I was doing wraps from 15/20 ft the other day sending out no problems. I can work moving from about 5ft away easily, some obstacles (tunnels, jumps, weaves she is surprisingly good with sends - we used MEB 2x2 method but are just doing 6 for now) we are more like 10-15 ft. We are still working foundations for contacts so I don't trust distance for those, yet. We are getting there on left/right for directionality. Right now I am just slowly building distance and I noticed from filming my last training with the side sends, i need to pass by the obstacle before pealing away and then she commits much better so I'll have to slowly work that "back" so I can peal off sooner (hope that makes sense). Anyway. Yeah... side sends give us the most trouble of all but at least I finally figured out what I was doing "wrong" :P

So like here is a wrapping exercise (and if you keep watching we do jumps) kinda can see where we are at (I could've spread the uprights out more but ehhh someone was lazy aka me): https://youtu.be/nY98WMUIUNE?t=1m30s

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:34:55 PM by Edraith »
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 08:26:23 PM »
I have a handling group that might work a little better for ya! Members can post videos of their training sessions or trial runs and I evaluate them and give an analysis of the run or training session. Here is the link to the page with more information: http://fluidmotionagility.com/online-handling-group
Amanda Nelson
--

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »
you ninja'd my post edit, heh! I will look at that group - and let me know if the edit changes your thoughts? Cheers!
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 08:39:12 PM »
Hmm yes that group looks promising. I have really enjoyed the Jumpin' Pups facebook group, someone does monthly challenges too and training videos for it, sequences building on each other, sounds similar. Everyone gives feedback. Less formal but still fun. How many exercises are a month?
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 08:16:51 PM »
There is a minimum of 1 per week, but I usually put up more as I design them. :-)
Amanda

Hmm yes that group looks promising. I have really enjoyed the Jumpin' Pups facebook group, someone does monthly challenges too and training videos for it, sequences building on each other, sounds similar. Everyone gives feedback. Less formal but still fun. How many exercises are a month?
Amanda Nelson
--

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 08:10:22 AM »
Amanda,  Tried to sign up for the Distance Class using a credit card, but kept getting some sort of error message, but it did not tell me what information was incorrect.  I am afraid I will be charged twice if I continue messing with it so I am going to mail you a check for the class.  It will go in the mail tomorrow so please sign me up for the Intro to Distance Class.  Thanks so much. 

Sara Langston
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 09:04:18 AM »
I am so sorry, I will check out my website and see what is going on with the checkout system!  Go ahead and make a profile at www.fluidmotionagility.ning.com and I will get you added to the distance class! Thanks!
Amanda

Amanda,  Tried to sign up for the Distance Class using a credit card, but kept getting some sort of error message, but it did not tell me what information was incorrect.  I am afraid I will be charged twice if I continue messing with it so I am going to mail you a check for the class.  It will go in the mail tomorrow so please sign me up for the Intro to Distance Class.  Thanks so much. 

Sara Langston
Amanda Nelson
--

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 07:12:29 PM »
Set up the profile.  I think the credit card thing was on my end.  Will try again tomorrow and if it doesn't work, will get a check in the mail tomorrow.  Looking forward to working distance!!!!

Sara Langston
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 09:50:33 PM »
Amanda -

Will you be doing more distance classes for after Intro? Like Novice, Open or Advanced type classes?

Thanks,
Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 11:06:49 PM »
Amanda -

Will you be doing more distance classes for after Intro? Like Novice, Open or Advanced type classes?

Thanks,
Kyle
Yep! I don't have exact dates yet, but I'll be doing an Intermediate, Advanced, and Superstakes class next year. Probably starting in February. :-D
Amanda

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Amanda Nelson
--

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 11:10:16 PM »
Excellent! Looking forward to that!

Happy New Year!

-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

LyndaB

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 05:35:19 AM »
Hi!

We already signed up for the intro distance class, but now I'm curious...for the intermediate and above classes, how much space would we be needing?  I have a MinPin who thinks going outside is a form of torture if its below 50, so our training space is fairly limited until early March.  Thanks!

-Lynda and Tycho