Author Topic: Commonly asked questions about Numbered Hoopers and X-Hoopers  (Read 5646 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Commonly asked questions about Numbered Hoopers and X-Hoopers
« on: January 12, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »

Numbered Hoopers will be around for a long time.  Strategic Hoopers is gone. 

XHoopers counts towards an All Around NATCH, Numbered Hoopers does not

Numbered Hoopers counts towards Novice All Around, Open All Around, Elite All Around, does not count towards any NATCH

XHoopers points could transfer to Numbered Hoopers (Hoopers), but Numbered Hoopers points cannot transfer towards X-Hoopers.

HP is Hoopers is the Numbered Hoopers acronym

XHP is X-Hoopers is the X-Hoopers acronym

Since X-Hoopers and Barrelers are now "NADAC" class and not a part of an EGC program (EGC is gone), we will modify the scoring for those two classes to match the scoring used in other NADAC classes such as Tunnelers, Touch N Go, Weavers, Hoopers, etc.  In other words, instead of receiving faults for path errors, the faults will be the normal 5, 10, 20 faults as in other classes.  An SCT will be set comparable to Numbered Hoopers for Barrelers and X-Hoopers.  This will be much more helpful for competitors to understand the scoring for those classes.  The software vendors have indicated that updated scoring could be available in a couple months if exhibitors continue to indicate that they would like to see all of the scoring the same.

Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
Re: Commonly asked questions about Numbered Hoopers and X-Hoopers
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 02:33:25 PM »
"Since X-Hoopers and Barrelers are now "NADAC" class and not a part of an EGC program (EGC is gone), we will modify the scoring for those two classes to match the scoring used in other NADAC classes such as Tunnelers, Touch N Go, Weavers, Hoopers, etc.  In other words, instead of receiving faults for path errors, the faults will be the normal 5, 10, 20 faults as in other classes.  An SCT will be set comparable to Numbered Hoopers for Barrelers and X-Hoopers.  This will be much more helpful for competitors to understand the scoring for those classes.  The software vendors have indicated that updated scoring could be available in a couple months if exhibitors continue to indicate that they would like to see all of the scoring the same."

So what will be  faulted?  How will it be scored?  Will we be able to get 5, 10 15 points still?

ITZ has added XHp and Barrels to list of classes.    I know people will ask me tons of questions :)

it will be nice when the scoring is all together on the program. As you know, sometimes i forget to send you the Xhp and barrels scores :(  YIKES !!

Thanks !!
lisa
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 03:03:02 PM »
"Since X-Hoopers and Barrelers are now "NADAC" class and not a part of an EGC program (EGC is gone), we will modify the scoring for those two classes to match the scoring used in other NADAC classes such as Tunnelers, Touch N Go, Weavers, Hoopers, etc.  In other words, instead of receiving faults for path errors, the faults will be the normal 5, 10, 20 faults as in other classes.  An SCT will be set comparable to Numbered Hoopers for Barrelers and X-Hoopers.  This will be much more helpful for competitors to understand the scoring for those classes.  The software vendors have indicated that updated scoring could be available in a couple months if exhibitors continue to indicate that they would like to see all of the scoring the same."

So what will be  faulted?  How will it be scored?  Will we be able to get 5, 10 15 points still?

ITZ has added XHp and Barrels to list of classes.    I know people will ask me tons of questions :)

it will be nice when the scoring is all together on the program. As you know, sometimes i forget to send you the Xhp and barrels scores :(  YIKES !!

Thanks !!
lisa

When it is ready it will be the same as other classes.  10 faults for off course, 20 faults for missing an obstacle, etc.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 03:08:31 PM »
Will run values still be based on DRI for for XHP and Barrelers?  Or are they going to be 10 point Qs and must be run clean?
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 03:26:36 PM »
Will run values still be based on DRI for for XHP and Barrelers?  Or are they going to be 10 point Qs and must be run clean?

It will be the same as the other NADAC classes.  A 10 point Q, just like Tunnelers, Weavers, Hoopers, Jumpers, Chances, etc.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 03:33:10 PM »

It will be the same as the other NADAC classes.  A 10 point Q, just like Tunnelers, Weavers, Hoopers, Jumpers, Chances, etc.

Sharon

Well, I'm sure going to miss aiming for those 15 point runs.  Of course we'll still try our best, but those extra 5 points were always exciting to earn.  I guess another question is if there will be DRIs at all.  Numbered Hoopers doesn't have a DRI.  I believe there was previously a platinum award that included EGC, but not sure about now.
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 04:05:02 PM »
So until the software is updated...which could be months..  barrelers and Xhoopers will be scored as is for now... faults for path, spins etc.  And we can get 5, 10 15 point Qs until then.  Is this correct?

Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

Leanne

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • Find what you love, and love what you do.
    • Youtube videos
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 04:43:25 PM »
Oh 😔.  I will miss the scoring for XHP and BR.

There was lots of fun internal incentive for me to try to improve my time or be more efficient and timely with my cues and path work to improve my points from round 1 to round 2. 

Leanne
Kent Island, MD

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 12:33:39 AM »
So until the software is updated...which could be months..  barrelers and Xhoopers will be scored as is for now... faults for path, spins etc.  And we can get 5, 10 15 point Qs until then.  Is this correct?

Correct!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 12:34:55 AM »
Oh 😔.  I will miss the scoring for XHP and BR.

There was lots of fun internal incentive for me to try to improve my time or be more efficient and timely with my cues and path work to improve my points from round 1 to round 2.

I totally understand!  For those experienced in XHP and BR, they want the old scoring.  But the scoring differences are stopping a lot of people from entering and stopping clubs from offering the classes.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 07:12:36 AM »
So there is no judging of path around a barrel at any level? 

Gina
Gina Pizzo
Abbey, Trek and Shay

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »
So there is no judging of path around a barrel at any level? 

Gina

At Open and Elite the path would be determined by whether or not they are close enough to the barrel to go through the hoops next to the barrel.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 01:42:23 PM »
I will also miss the EGC style scoring bc then most teams can earn some positive reinforcement even if they are a little slower :)   I also like aiming for those 15 point Qs :)
Maureen, Nika, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 03:14:16 PM »

At Open and Elite the path would be determined by whether or not they are close enough to the barrel to go through the hoops next to the barrel.

Sharon

So if they fail to go through the hoop next to the barrel, would that be an NQ under the new scoring at Open or Elite levels? (i.e. a "missed obstacle"?)
Jean, Zack & Tux
Montana

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 04:02:15 PM »

Sharon

So if they fail to go through the hoop next to the barrel, would that be an NQ under the new scoring at Open or Elite levels? (i.e. a "missed obstacle"?)

I was wondering about this too.  I figured the hoops would be gone with the new scoring, since the path isn't judged in any other class.
Rebecca, Truly & Mud