Author Topic: New bonus lines  (Read 1671 times)

Jeff Newman

• Just Live It!
New bonus lines
« on: January 25, 2016, 10:16:11 AM »
I just got done having some fun with the dogs at the local NADAC trial over the weekend. My dog Ripley and I regularly attempt bonus runs. I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the new bonus box areas in the regular runs. There was more participation from handlers that wanted to TRY it! I loved seeing the smiling faces at the thrill of attempting a Bonus!
Why stop at adding the extra box to just regular? Why not add that same criteria to the other classes?
There was discussion while walking courses after regular had been run how awesome it would be for NADAC to offer more bonus area attempts in other classes.
I just wanted to say thanks Sharon for creating a topic of conversation that people are smiling about.
The "why stop there" question is still buzzing with all of my agility friends.
Just my 2 cents form the local competitor who hardly ever posts.

Jeff Newman and The Crew

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: New bonus lines
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 10:42:24 AM »
I just got done having some fun with the dogs at the local NADAC trial over the weekend. My dog Ripley and I regularly attempt bonus runs. I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the new bonus box areas in the regular runs. There was more participation from handlers that wanted to TRY it! I loved seeing the smiling faces at the thrill of attempting a Bonus!
Why stop at adding the extra box to just regular? Why not add that same criteria to the other classes?
There was discussion while walking courses after regular had been run how awesome it would be for NADAC to offer more bonus area attempts in other classes.
I just wanted to say thanks Sharon for creating a topic of conversation that people are smiling about.
The "why stop there" question is still buzzing with all of my agility friends.
Just my 2 cents form the local competitor who hardly ever posts.

Jeff Newman and The Crew

There isn't any real way to add other bonuses for the other classes.  Since they are special skills classes with limited types of different obstacles and in most cases, much shorter courses, it is difficult to add additional bonus areas to an 11-14 obstacle courses.  Since Regular is normally 20-24 obstacles and a wide variety of different types of obstacles and a wider variety of tests offered, it is much easier to find a valid test from a larger area.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jeff Newman

• Just Live It!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
Hi Sharon,
The spirit of this post is to let you know that there is interest in participation of Bonus attempts. This is more of a think outside the box and add 2 different areas for bonus attempts in more classes. You certainly shouldn't change the current bonus program, I am merely suggesting that there be some additions made to promote more interest. The addition of another line in the regular class has added a level of interest I have not seen before. The why stop there question could actually bridge the gap for more participation. Redefining ourselves happens all the time in life.   
Jeff Newman and Crew

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:13:01 AM »
Hi Sharon,
The spirit of this post is to let you know that there is interest in participation of Bonus attempts. This is more of a think outside the box and add 2 different areas for bonus attempts in more classes. You certainly shouldn't change the current bonus program, I am merely suggesting that there be some additions made to promote more interest. The addition of another line in the regular class has added a level of interest I have not seen before. The why stop there question could actually bridge the gap for more participation. Redefining ourselves happens all the time in life.   
Jeff Newman and Crew

I understand the post and love all of the added participation in the Regular Agility class, where we have that option of adding a second area on some of the courses.  The other classes don't allow for a valid challenge on a shorter, limited obstacle course.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 12:11:52 PM »
I want to chime in and say I really liked the new Regular boxes I saw the other weekend.  I felt confident that my dog and I had the skills required to do the entire course from the 20 point area.  We didn't get it because I called my dog a too hard and she ran past a jump, but that doesn't change the feeling that we could have done it.  I also noticed a few people that don't normally try bonuses give them a shot.  I look forward to trying more!
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
I'm definitely NOT ready for bonus work.  But I love seeing the lines and boxes.  And this past weekend my dogs gave me distance I had not dreamed of ... both the good kind and the "oh my!! we need to work on that" kind.

My point is there has always been change.  Change, if paired with the end vision, can be very exciting and motivating.  The end vision is there:  bonus boxes and line in regular.  I have problems with the baby steps to get there.  Just let this mull around and thing about it ... and good things will come.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Heidi Konesko

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 11:16:15 AM »
NEAT! I had missed the announcement about this, so thanks for writing about it!  I can't wait to see these once our trials get going up here in the spring!
I wonder if it is like the medium distance lines that we had in and around... 2007?  I got sucked right into trying most of those with the rent-a dog I was running that season, never got one though. -Heidi in NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge