Author Topic: Uploading VT Runs  (Read 1868 times)

coagility

• Trial Secretary
Uploading VT Runs
« on: March 16, 2016, 01:11:41 PM »
Does anyone know how to upload a VT run from a Kindle to You Tube.   I use to upload to my computer and send it in with Photoshop Elements - now ever time I do that I get an error message.   Then I tired uploading to my computer and using Photo Gallery - now it doesn't seem to recognize the videos (which I can see on my Kindle), but not on the computer.   I'm about to scream.  Any other way to get the VT run into NADAC?   Appreciate any help.  Thank you.

coagility

• Trial Secretary
Re: Uploading VT Runs
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:46:12 PM »
ok, I worked hard today to do some research and I now have figured out how to upload a video on the Kindle Fire to You Tube.    So, if anyone else needs to know I can walk you through this.  Thanks!

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:13:47 AM »
I would love to know how to do that.

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
Isabel and Cocoa

coagility

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 05:59:21 PM »
ok, first you would tape your VT run with your Kindle.   Then you have to have the You Tube app on your Kindle (if you don't have a You Tube account set that up first).   Once you have the You Tube app on your Kindle open that application.   Look on your screen in the top right hand corner and you will see 3 dots - hit that and there will be a "desktop" that you click on.   It seems to have to be in the desktop mode to do this.   Once you hit desktop you will see in the right upper corner a box that says "Upload" - click on that.  Then you should see a screen that says "Select files to upload".  Click on that box. It will ask you from what application - I chose Photos (as that is where my videos are also stored).  It should then bring you into your photo/video file and you click on which file you want to upload.  You Tube will start to upload your video - you want to make sure it is marked "public".  Then when it is uploaded you copy and paste the link into your NADAC Run Submission.   I'm so happy I found out how to do this - will make my life easier.

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »
Just a reminder for those who might want to be a bit security conscious.  For my money, I'd rather make my videos 'unlisted'.  Anyone can still look at them if they can stumble onto them but if you mark them public it's much easier for someone to find them.  There ARE stalkers out there.  This will just make it a bit tougher for them.  And remember, if you mark them 'private' you're the only one who will be able to see them.
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven, newbie Bumper, in training.
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup, both waiting at the Bridge

coagility

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 06:20:11 PM »
Thank you Richard for bringing this to my attention. I didn't realize there was the option of unlisted. I'm very security conscious so happy to know this. Thank you again