Author Topic: Pep rally for a northeast championships!  (Read 4400 times)

Foomin Z

Pep rally for a northeast championships!
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:12:46 PM »
Hey, New Englanders and people of the other New states! Friends in PA! Let's list some suggestions for where NADAC championships could be held in the northeast.

How about where the AKC last had their nationals up here recently?

http://pafarmshowcomplex.pa.gov/

Anyone else?

giddyup

Re: Pep rally for a northeast championships!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »
Dream Park Equestrian Complex in Logan Township, NJ

www.dreamparknj.com

giddyup

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 07:21:38 PM »

Ed and Dino

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »

www.dreamparknj.com

I know this has been used a lot for AKC trials but from all I've read it would not be suitable for a NADAC championship. No local NADAC trial has ever been held there to my knowledge.
Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Foomin Z

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 12:24:07 PM »

www.dreamparknj.com

I know this has been used a lot for AKC trials but from all I've read it would not be suitable for a NADAC championship. No local NADAC trial has ever been held there to my knowledge.

How is it unsuitable? Please describe.

Ed and Dino

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »

www.dreamparknj.com

For one there is only about 50 RV spots and they are all essentially on a gravel parking lot, not the nicest spot to spend a week with your dogs.

Over the years there have been a lot of complaints about air quality in the buildings there very dusty at times.

And once again no local group has held a NADAC trial there. There must be a local group willing to help coordinate the Championships and at this point not a lot of NADAC exhibitors could comment on the suitability because few of us have ever been there but I do know RV is limited and this is very important to people coming from all points of the US and Canada.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:46:42 PM by Ed and Dino »
Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 02:47:00 PM »

For one there is only about 50 RV spots and they are all essentially on a gravel parking lot, not the nicest spot to spend a week with your dogs.

Over the years there have been a lot of complaints about air quality in the buildings there very dusty at times.

And once again no local group has held a NADAC trial there. There must be a local group willing to help coordinate the Championships and at this point not a lot of NADAC exhibitors could comment on the suitability because few of us have ever been there but I do know RV is limited and this is very important to people coming from all points of the US and Canada.

True, we need at least 125 RV spots.  We also need a minimum of a clear span area of 125x300, with good seating, good vendor area, good crating area. 

For example, South Jordan had a great arena, vendor area and adequate RV parking, but the crating is less than what we want, which is why we keep trying to find a better site in the western half of the US.

Springfield has great crating, vendor area, a second arena to rent, RV a little bit far, but plenty of them.  Ring surface sucks now, it used to be the best in the US, but they can't financially afford to update it back to what it used to be so it is just broken down shavings into a dusty dirty, easily packed down surface.  And there is that sunlight issue!

We are looking at a site that looks good in N. Carolina, one in Georgia and one in KY for 2017.

We are willing to look at NE sites, but none of them have met our needs yet.  The ones that have the arena and crating are not affordable.

Sharon

Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 03:48:29 PM »
Do the RV spots have to be hookups or just space? 

Oh and as to Dream Park I think the reason no NADAC club has had a trial there is not necessarily because of the facility. Speaking as an NJ NADAC club we have our dates/sites all set up and are not looking to change anything.  So it should not be ruled out just because no NADAC trials have been held there.

Mary
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:50:53 PM by mephalon »
Mary P.

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 05:44:38 AM »
What about New Hope Farms in Port Jervis, NY

300' x 175' show arena (with spectator stands) plus adjoining 120' x 80' warm-up ring

Mary
Mary P.

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 06:14:27 AM »
From what I understand the footing at dream park would never meet NADAC standards...I have never run there, but well respected people in NADAC have been there and wouldn't go back bc the ground was too hard

Re: Port Jervis..I inquired there for hosting trials ..holy expensive ..

Re: RVS not sure hook ups are a must but many people are on site for a week or more so really they are kind of needed...

I thought there was an awesome place in VA - huge horse arena with seating etc... saw some video of agility there a couple of years back
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:12:16 AM by Maureen deHaan »
Maureen, Nika, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 07:55:28 AM »
Not technically the northeast but how about the Virginia Equestrian Center?   

Arena is 150 x 300

http://www.horsecenter.org/About.aspx

Mary
Mary P.

giddyup

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 08:18:10 AM »
How about The Fairgrounds in Hamburg, NY?  20 minutes south of Buffalo
(716) 649-3900  Ask for EJ Gonser.  It sounds very promising as far as space seating and RV spots.  I don't know if it's had agility shows there YET, but they have had other (conformation/obedience?) dog shows there

giddyup

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 08:20:09 AM »
sorry forgot the link to my above comment

www.the-fairgrounds.com

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 11:19:43 AM »
While Springfield in 2015 was not as nice as 2013, I still liked the surface and then sunlight issue was taken care of with the covering.   I still think Springfield was better than any other champs surface that I have been to so far.

That being said, what about Ohio State Fairgrounds?  Indiana State Fairgrounds??    I recall them being awesome places when I showed horses back in the day !

Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 11:37:09 AM »
The Champions Center in Springfield OH may suffice as well.

http://www.championscenter.net/

Mary P.