Author Topic: OK, I'm going to say it...  (Read 4983 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: OK, I'm going to say it...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »
Jeff....I'll be using my four chutes for xpen drapes !Great fabric. Unless you find a buyer.

Great idea!!

Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

knittingdog

• Cowtown Dog Sports
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 06:16:49 AM »

I agree with you about ASCA Sharon.  I don't like competitors being at the "mercy" of what a club decides.  I suspect they will remove it completely, but it will take time for people to meet, etc.  In other words, it's a logistics problem from being an organization. 

Like you said - any organization would be nuts to keep it now!

Robin

Bluedog

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 06:40:19 AM »
Well people always have the option of contacting clubs to review obstacles at their board meetings. I'm not adverse to just bypassing the chute if it's in a course and making a statement.
My instructor is an ASCA judge and, from what she understands, ASCA judges are not going to be including chutes on their courses. It may still show up on a premium as an option.

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 07:55:02 AM »
I plan to retrieve my chute (fabric portion) which I had insisted we use for another venue and use the fabric to decorate the barrels.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Jeff Newman

• Just Live It!
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 08:45:30 AM »
Our club is now using the chute barrels as garbage can holders so the garbage cans don't tip over during our monsoon thunder storms. :) :P

Rosemary

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 10:26:28 AM »
Well people always have the option of contacting clubs to review obstacles at their board meetings. I'm not adverse to just bypassing the chute if it's in a course and making a statement.
My instructor is an ASCA judge and, from what she understands, ASCA judges are not going to be including chutes on their courses. It may still show up on a premium as an option.
I actually have allowed my dog to simply skip the chute on course.  He did it for a while and then suddenly refused flat out.  I think he got frightened by coming out and not being sure where to find me.  I was going to let him get comfortable just bypassing and slowly re-training it, but now I don't have to.  Looks like he is smarter than I am.   :)