Author Topic: Thank you Chris!  (Read 784 times)

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Thank you Chris!
« on: April 12, 2016, 08:52:25 AM »
Just wanted to send a BIG *Thank You* to Chris Nelson for having the Fun Raiser in Boulder City, NV last weekend! It was a challenging weekend to say the least. First, the rain....and rain....and rain. Yuck. Then the catering truck cancelled for Saturday because their windshield wipers weren't working (!?) so Chris, very generously bought us all pizza! Yum! Due to the rain, he gave us a choice of running the last course on Saturday on Sunday morning. Having the choice, either way, we were grateful.  :) Sunday was even worse for rain so he had to cancel our last course of the day. That was a bummer, but a very smart decision.

Thanks again, Chris! You Rock!!!
-Kyle   
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

agilityaddict2

Re: Thank you Chris!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 10:47:58 AM »
Agree totally with Kyle. Chris made what could have been a very negative situation into a positive. We were all laughing at the end because we thought it "nuts" that we were able to have such a good time in the pouring rain. And a shout out to everyone who ran their dogs and volunteered in the pouring rain. And Chris, hope you are feeling better.

DeafSheltieMom

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • Course builder
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »
Goodness!  I'm not sure I'm sorry I missed the "fun"!  I hope Chris doesn't give up coming down to Boulder City, given how things have gone for him in previous trials!!!   :o   But it hasn't scared me off... I'm glad you all had a great time, and look forward to seeing you all in November!!!
-dayle
-Dayle Shimamura
 Mom to: Hutch and Tesla;
              Alva, Wilbur, Orville, Misty - Beautiful sheltie
                                 souls waiting at the Bridge

Peter Vogel

• Judge
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:30:51 PM »
Who would've thought we needed to bring rain gear to Las Vegas.  Thanks to Chris and everyone involved, it was still a great trial with great attitudes from all.
Peter Vogel