Author Topic: RV Parking for 2016 Championships  (Read 13851 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: RV Parking for 2016 Championships
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2016, 03:33:41 PM »
Thanks, Greg. I understand and I'll let you know what I find out, especially about RV delivery, in a couple of days.  I need to attend to a few other unexpected issues that are more immediate first.  Thanks.
---Debbie
Louisville KY

Instead of an air conditioner you could use a portable swamp cooler.  It is so unlikely to be hot enough to need an air conditioner, but I understand your concerns with an older dog.  Let me know if you want me to bring you one!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil, and Takoda

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
    • Art and Dog Blog
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2016, 05:56:20 AM »
Last champs in Utah out shared breaker kept blowing.  Thinking it might be useful to list how we should and shouldn't be using when plugged in to avoid that happening this year.

AC with generator on (with exhaust pipe/ chimney)
Run fridge with propane
Water heater with propane
What else?

Just to confirm, will all RVs be plugging in using the 110 adapters?
Thanks. Dev Sperber
Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil and Takoda

Greg Battaglia

• Judge
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2016, 09:12:31 AM »
Hi Dev,
All good suggestions.  It would really help out if everyone brought one of the electrical adapters recommended.
Thanks.
GregB
"Old Guys Rule"

Savannah

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »
I submitted a request for rv space at champs sometime ago - my check was cashed so I'm assuming it's all set - but I cannot find a recent list of reservations from Greg. Would you please post a current list of reservations? Thank you.  Joan

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »
I submitted a request for rv space at champs sometime ago - my check was cashed so I'm assuming it's all set - but I cannot find a recent list of reservations from Greg. Would you please post a current list of reservations? Thank you.  Joan

Go back one page on this thread.  We're on page 7 - go back to page 6 and look towards the bottom for a post from Gregg Batagglia.  He attaches a file that explains where everyone will park and also outlines their designated time to arrive.

Marcy, Toby, Abby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

DebbieP

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »
One question for Gregg, that might be helpful for anyone else who is wondering (although it might be crystal clear to everyone else!):  For the times listed to park each group, is that the actual time or is it a "no earlier than" time?  I will be contacting AccessRV about the rental and I want to be sure I have accurate info.

And an open question for anyone else before I contact AccessRV, has anyone spoken with them yet and are they aware of the time constraints (i.e. no parking before 11am on Monday)?  When I inquired a few weeks ago, before Gregg's list came out, they told me that they would have trouble delivering 20 trailers in a single day.  Just trying to anticipate what I might encounter when I call and make it go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks!

---Debbie Potter
with Dylan and Java Joe
Louisville KY
Debbie in Louisville KY with
Dylan the BC and Java Joe the amped-up All American

LFuller

• Trial Secretary
  • Pathrunner Dogs
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »
Hi Debbie,

I'm part of a group of people that have trailers rented from AccessRV and I spoke with Spencer Jones at Access RV this morning.  He is the fellow that schedules the delivery of the rentals and he is now aware of the 11 o'clock time constraint. We talked about a couple of possible solutions for the delivery of such a large number of trailers.  I will run the ideas by Greg.  It's still a work in progress.
Linda Fuller

DebbieP

« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2016, 11:55:41 AM »
Thanks, Linda.  I'll wait until I hear from you before I contact them, then.  Feel free to either post here, if you think others would benefit, or PM me.  I appreciate you commenting so soon!

---Debbie P with
Dylan, Java Joe
Debbie in Louisville KY with
Dylan the BC and Java Joe the amped-up All American

Mary Kapner

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »
Same here, Linda.  Will wait til you speak to them before I call.

Thx
Mary Kapner
"Poodle This!"

Greg Battaglia

• Judge
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2016, 08:51:23 AM »
Debbie & Everyone,
Times listed on the Parking Plan are the EARLIEST times you may arrive.
Thx
GregB
"Old Guys Rule"

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Enjoy the ride while it lasts!
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2016, 04:40:29 PM »
Greg,

First.... Thanks for taking on this huge undertaking!!  I do have a question.... you ask that we not run gens before 7 or after 9.  If we start at 7 in the morning I am thinking that most of us will be up before that and to have the ability to dry our hair (would hate to stink) or have coffee so those that need it can be human we will need to run them... I am thinking that maybe 6 would be a better time to shoot for?  I am also hoping that the shoot for 9 is doable as all of us want to be able to be in bed :)  I am sure if we run late that our neighbors would be ok if we need to nuke a little dinner.

I totally understand and agree we need to be neighborly!!  Marj had me purchase a Gen-Turi so if/when we had to run our gen the exhaust would not bother anyone :)

Again thanks and see you soon!!

Jeannie
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com
Bozeman, MT

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2016, 05:23:18 PM »
Greg,

First.... Thanks for taking on this huge undertaking!!  I do have a question.... you ask that we not run gens before 7 or after 9.  If we start at 7 in the morning I am thinking that most of us will be up before that and to have the ability to dry our hair (would hate to stink) or have coffee so those that need it can be human we will need to run them... I am thinking that maybe 6 would be a better time to shoot for?  I am also hoping that the shoot for 9 is doable as all of us want to be able to be in bed :)  I am sure if we run late that our neighbors would be ok if we need to nuke a little dinner.

I totally understand and agree we need to be neighborly!!  Marj had me purchase a Gen-Turi so if/when we had to run our gen the exhaust would not bother anyone :)

Again thanks and see you soon!!

Jeannie

Good questions.  I think you have a point on both times.

I hadn't thought of that but earlier is logical and maybe an hour after the last dog runs for the night time quit?

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2016, 05:41:20 PM »
Sharon I think that sounds perfectly reasonable for the evening.... and I think 6 would be an early enough time in the am (I am sooo not a morning person) but gotta pretend to be during Champs  LOL
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com
Bozeman, MT

Greg Battaglia

• Judge
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »
Hi Jeannie & Sharon,
If everyone is hooked up to electricity, why would they need to run their gens?  You can still run a hair dryer OR a microwave, just not at the same time.  If it's for air conditioning, I wouldn't think they would be running AC before 7am or after 9pm.  Am I missing something? 
Thanks.
GregB
"Old Guys Rule"

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2016, 01:03:05 PM »
Greg,

I just assumed on a 15 amp plug that one would not want to run the hair dryer or a coffee pot or the nuker even one at a time with others also plugged in to the same circuit.  Maybe I am the one that is missing something :)
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com
Bozeman, MT