Author Topic: Class list  (Read 1024 times)

acenagility

Class list
« on: April 27, 2016, 07:21:26 PM »
This will be my first year at Champs.  How many classes are run each day?  How many people can be on a team?  Thanks!

Mel Harris
Morgie and Quigley

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: Class list
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 10:09:56 PM »
This will be my first year at Champs.  How many classes are run each day?  How many people can be on a team?  Thanks!

Mel Harris
Morgie and Quigley

During the Championships event (Thurs-Sunday) there are two runs a day.  A team consists of 3 members.  The pre-trial event (Tuesday-Wednesday) will have 8 runs a day, but those are not part of the main championships, they are used more as a warm up for the Thursday-Sunday event.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 12:08:19 PM »
If I might expand on Sharon's answer for the new person...Mel, the two runs each day of the Championships portion of the week are Regular class with a twist.  Each of the runs will have an emphasis on special skills.  One will have more tunnels than you would usually see, another will have many more jumps or hoops, etc.  So over the weeks time, everyone is tested on all the skills required to be an all around competitor!!!  It makes for a lot of fun, and makes the days much shorter than earlier times when all the classes were tested separately.  Much more efficient these days and still very testy!!!

The pre-Champs portion of the week is the same as a normal weekend trial.  Dogs who did not qualify for Champs are welcome to run in the pre-Champs runs.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:48:55 PM »
Also regarding runs per day - there is one round on Sunday morning, and if you make the finals you run again Sunday afternoon.  If not you get to watch some really super runs from those that did make the finals.
Marcy, Toby, Abby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

acenagility

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:03:07 PM »
Thank you everybody! Both of my dogs are already qualified so we are very excited for our first attempt at champs!

agilityaddict2

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 02:34:54 PM »
I thought I had this figured out but clearly I don't. First time going to Champs. I have over 100 points in regular elite, does that mean that I can not enter any pre champs as a warmup? Also the price to enter pre champs, one place it says $250.00 and another it says $160 for all the runs. I am confused. Is it just $275.00 to enter Champs only(wed-Sun). Help!!

agilityaddict2

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 02:45:48 PM »
In response to my own post, I think I have it figured out. Pre elite and elite are part of Champs, thurs-sun. I must enter elite since I have over 100 points in reg elite. The other is just a pre trial event and if I want to enter to warm up, so to speak, I can. That is the $160 for all runs. Am I right? Boy this getting old is for the birds.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 04:19:13 PM »
In response to my own post, I think I have it figured out. Pre elite and elite are part of Champs, thurs-sun. I must enter elite since I have over 100 points in reg elite. The other is just a pre trial event and if I want to enter to warm up, so to speak, I can. That is the $160 for all runs. Am I right? Boy this getting old is for the birds.

You got it!!!  The $160 if for all of the pre-trial runs, not the Champs runs.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility