Author Topic: Video of Agility at Krufts in 1978  (Read 1045 times)

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
Video of Agility at Krufts in 1978
« on: June 28, 2016, 11:45:13 AM »
Saw this post on Facebook.  Fun to watch.  Gotta love the weave poles!  And the jump after the teeter is a doozie!  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1723682641239574&id=100007935646995
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Video of Agility at Krufts in 1978
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »
Saw this post on Facebook.  Fun to watch.  Gotta love the weave poles!  And the jump after the teeter is a doozie!  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1723682641239574&id=100007935646995

I wish we still had those weaves like that!!  Dogs would be faulted for not "weaving" and flexing from side to side!!!  Love it!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 02:45:59 PM »
That is pretty cool actually!  That "catwalk" was a bit flimsy LOL

Thanks for sharing  ;D
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 03:11:12 PM »
That is pretty cool actually!  That "catwalk" was a bit flimsy LOL

Thanks for sharing  ;D

Yep!!  All of the equipment used to "move" when the dog was on it...... and they were kinder to the dog's body.  Some of the equipment now is so stiff that it is like the dog's hitting a chunk of concrete as they move across it.  There is a happy medium!  But I do think that the more the equipment manufacturers try to make equipment "quiet" and non-moving makes it really hard on a dog's body, as all concussion goes straight up the dog's shoulder with no give to the dog.

I am not sure that I want it to move that much anymore, but I sure do like to see some motion on the ramps when the dogs hit them!

I really like those weaves poles used!!  Those dogs actually had to "weave" and not just plow through them!

And I loved the upright pole the dogs had to go around!!  (miniature barrel!!)

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Roger Coor

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 10:11:52 PM »
That was so cool.  Notice that everyone kept the dog on the heel side! Yes, if you had weaves like that, the dog would have to actually weave, or knock the poles over.

Foomin Z

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 03:08:08 PM »
My Corgi breeder did this agility back in the day, when there was only the one jump height, 30". Yes, his Corgi did it okay, but he felt guilty about the excessive height and stopped running her after some trials.

About the flexing equipment, my Corgis have been thrown off a too-flexible dog walk up-ramp, and a too-bouncy teeter after the board was tipped (and my girls do it slowly by shifting their body weight, controlling the tip near the center point). I think it has to do with their build affecting the equipment more differently than normally-legged, yet weighty, dogs.