Author Topic: Recommended summer read for dog lovers  (Read 1240 times)

Rsquared

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • Scooter's Mom
Recommended summer read for dog lovers
« on: June 25, 2016, 08:41:44 PM »
If you like a good whodunit, especially one that features dogs, please check out award winning mystery writer Alan Russell's latest, Lost Dog.  Alan is the author of a dozen books and this is the 3rd in a series featuring Detective Michael Gideon and his canine partner, Sirius.  This book stands alone but you might want to read the first two:  Burning Man and Guardians of the Night.

In the interest of full disclosure, Alan is my brother, however, I would be recommending his books even if we weren't related.  He's a terrific writer!  I still haven't convinced him to do an agility whodunit...but I'm working on it!
Ronni in San Diego with Scooter, Ollie & Xtra Crispy (R.I.P. Sage)

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
Re: Recommended summer read for dog lovers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:20:51 AM »
If you like a good whodunit, especially one that features dogs, please check out award winning mystery writer Alan Russell's latest, Lost Dog.  Alan is the author of a dozen books and this is the 3rd in a series featuring Detective Michael Gideon and his canine partner, Sirius.  This book stands alone but you might want to read the first two:  Burning Man and Guardians of the Night.

In the interest of full disclosure, Alan is my brother, however, I would be recommending his books even if we weren't related.  He's a terrific writer!  I still haven't convinced him to do an agility whodunit...but I'm working on it!

Are any of them available on iBooks?
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Laurie Graichen

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:13:48 AM »
Not sure about I-books, but Amazon has them on Kindle, both as each book separately AND as a 3-book deal - http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/series/B01BHV98VW/ref=st_kb_B00K54D4K4
Laurie Graichen
Sky High Belgian Shepherd Dogs, Catawba, SC USA
skyhighbel@comporium.net
See Videos of Our Dogs at http://www.youtube.com/user/skyhighbel

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 10:20:11 AM »
Not sure about I-books, but Amazon has them on Kindle, both as each book separately AND as a 3-book deal - http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/series/B01BHV98VW/ref=st_kb_B00K54D4K4

Bummer.  I can't find them on iBooks and I don't have a Kindle.   :(
===============

Rsquared

• Scooter's Mom
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »
You don't need a Kindle because you can download the Kindle app on to your iPad.   :)
Ronni in San Diego with Scooter, Ollie & Xtra Crispy (R.I.P. Sage)

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 12:47:09 PM »
You don't need a Kindle because you can download the Kindle app on to your iPad.   :)

Thanks!  I don't read on my iPad much but that sounds like a great alternative.
===============

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • GotDog? Trainer
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 06:48:12 AM »
There is an agility "who done it" that I just finished reading. It's called Paws for Death by Susan Union. She has another one that pertains to horses called Rode to Death. Both were excellent summer reading.  I read them in the Kindle format, I think they are in Nook format also. Not sure about iBooks.

Marj
Marj Vincent
Scotty & Java
Ontario, OR

"The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories and pictures.They're feelings, moments, smiles and laughter."

aprweber

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 09:58:11 AM »
I've read the Russel books and I'll look for Susan Union as soon as I finish this post.

April
April Weber

aprweber

April Weber

Pam Kaye

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 09:57:22 AM »
Agree, April.  I listen to those in the car.  Bernie's really just a secondary character, unlike Chet the Jet - with so many skills those humans just don't recognize or understand.  But Bernie can drive the car, which is helpful.
Pam Kaye
Cash, Cirrus and Flame
Sequim, WA