Author Topic: VH vs VD Clarification  (Read 1051 times)

Linda Grass

VH vs VD Clarification
« on: July 10, 2016, 12:26:13 PM »
I just want to make sure that I understand the rules.  I have a handler that has a Vet Dog and she is a VH.  If I read correctly they get more time as a Small Vet Dog (30% over SCT) vs. VH which only gets 10%.  Is this correct?  Thanks, Linda

MSito

Re: VH vs VD Clarification
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 01:09:30 PM »
Oh? Do you get one or the other? I have a vet dogs nd just became a vet handler.

Linda Grass

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »
Yes, AU allows you to select VH or Vet dog.  It's nice for a VH that has a young dog, but just want to make sure which way NADAC wants us to log this.

MSito

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »
Well alrighty then I guess I won't be a vet handler, better off with Caitlyn as Vet dog.   Thanks for clarifying Linda. Melinda

Linda Grass

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 05:59:14 PM »
I still don't know if I'm right on which is better, or if there is a difference now.  Will wait for the NADAC Guru's to answer if there is a difference in time. 

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 09:34:24 PM »
I still don't know if I'm right on which is better, or if there is a difference now.  Will wait for the NADAC Guru's to answer if there is a difference in time.

Yes, a handler could enter either VH or VD, as long as all dogs entered by that handler have a "veteran' status.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Linda Grass

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 10:26:42 AM »
Thanks Sharon, does one get more time than the other?  In the handbooks, both competitor and TS, there seems to be different times.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 10:43:09 AM »
Thanks Sharon, does one get more time than the other?  In the handbooks, both competitor and TS, there seems to be different times.

No, the times should be the same and both AU and FAST should reflect that.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility