Author Topic: 2017 qualification?  (Read 3663 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: 2017 qualification?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 08:36:58 AM »

We are just west of Fort Worth - right off of I20 - in Hudson Oaks, TX.

The club hasn't been approved yet..... so that needs to happen first.  Still waiting on paperwork that wasn't included.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

knittingdog

• Cowtown Dog Sports
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 08:41:23 AM »

We have VTs as an option so we are covered.  Putting the paperwork together today.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 08:42:24 AM »

We have VTs as an option so we are covered.  Putting the paperwork together today.

Awesome, thanks!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 08:47:08 AM »
Just a point.   Sept 29 and 30 cover the Holiday of Yom Kippur.   This eliminates participation in Champs for me and probably for other Jewish folks.  I was hoping that it would be the following week so that we might attend.

Isabel

We try our best every year to not conflict with Yom Kippur.  It seems that about every 7 years or so, we end up conflicting when sites have no other dates available.  We searched and tried to find a facility with open dates and those are the only open dates available.  We booked the dates and then found out the conflict but they won't refund our $2400 deposit either. 

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 06:45:42 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

bhodges865

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 06:28:37 PM »
Thank you Sharon.  I am trying to get the club here in Texas to add it to their trial next weekend....don't know if the even is a possibility, but it is worth a try. :)

I think the TX trial Dec 10-11 should put it in!!  Since I'm making the trip from TN!!!
Team TX Heeler
Knoxville, TN

Heidi Konesko

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 11:08:27 AM »
I like thinking about going in 2017, with my buddy HiJack, in pre-elite.....
Hmmmmm.......  Good to have something to shoot for!
-Heidi in NH with Penny and Jack
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:15:03 AM by Heidi Konesko »
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

Sandy Langan

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2016, 05:48:16 AM »
So the pre champs events this year 2016 count towards our qualifying for 2017 right? Do the regular runs on Thursday thru Sunday also count? Sandy Langan

Bluedog

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2016, 06:38:51 AM »
I have to agree. And once the criteria is set it should stay until the next qualifying period. The changes leave us uncertain. Sure people like challenges, some like me have come to just have fun. Not everyone is the same.
On the champs blog, There is the issue of hoop circle being a part of the course. Great! I think they are fun. But please make a determination and stick to it.
I read the forum a lot, yet I still miss information. The criteria, dates, obstacles used should all be clear and adhered to.
I love NADAC courses. I love the fact that I can vary the levels as my dogs age or rehab from injuries.
The vagueness and indecisiveness is the part I don't like. Melinda Sito

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2016, 08:28:56 AM »
So the pre champs events this year 2016 count towards our qualifying for 2017 right? Do the regular runs on Thursday thru Sunday also count? Sandy Langan

Yes, all Q's earned after Aug. 1 counts towards the next year.  Good luck!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2016, 08:49:06 AM »
I have to agree. And once the criteria is set it should stay until the next qualifying period. The changes leave us uncertain. Sure people like challenges, some like me have come to just have fun. Not everyone is the same.
On the champs blog, There is the issue of hoop circle being a part of the course. Great! I think they are fun. But please make a determination and stick to it.
I read the forum a lot, yet I still miss information. The criteria, dates, obstacles used should all be clear and adhered to.
I love NADAC courses. I love the fact that I can vary the levels as my dogs age or rehab from injuries.
The vagueness and indecisiveness is the part I don't like. Melinda Sito

Yep!  I understand.  Thanks for the input.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Dheavner

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2016, 12:17:49 PM »
So, if we happen to get a Q in a run at Champs it counts towards 2017 Qualification?  And if so, is it considered a Regular Run Q or the run that showcases one of the classes as if the run showcases Tunnelers would it be considered a Tunnelers Q?

Donna

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2016, 12:19:12 PM »
So, if we happen to get a Q in a run at Champs it counts towards 2017 Qualification?  And if so, is it considered a Regular Run Q or the run that showcases one of the classes as if the run showcases Tunnelers would it be considered a Tunnelers Q?

Donna

A Q in a Regular run at champs is a Regular run Q.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Rosemary

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2016, 02:53:43 PM »
I was just looking at the trials that will be offered through the end of this year and there are very few opportunities to do ex hopers, especially within a reasonable distance of where I live.  I have done it once and understand the concept, but how am I supposed to get the qualifying runs if they are not offered near me?  I don't have the space or equipment to do a VT run. 
I realize there was an uproar about the hoop circle in a run at champs this year.  Couldn't we just be told to expect it next year?  All the other classes are offered by all clubs which gives the opportunity to earn the points necessary.  It would be really disappointing to miss going to champs because of a requirement that I have no way of fulfilling.

Kyle

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2016, 04:38:02 PM »
I was just looking at the trials that will be offered through the end of this year and there are very few opportunities to do ex hopers, especially within a reasonable distance of where I live.  I have done it once and understand the concept, but how am I supposed to get the qualifying runs if they are not offered near me?  I don't have the space or equipment to do a VT run. 
I realize there was an uproar about the hoop circle in a run at champs this year.  Couldn't we just be told to expect it next year?  All the other classes are offered by all clubs which gives the opportunity to earn the points necessary.  It would be really disappointing to miss going to champs because of a requirement that I have no way of fulfilling.

Sharon has made it clear that there will be a Hoop Circle next year at Champs. (I think it's a post under the thread "Championship Courses".) My best bet is that the qualifications for entering Champs next year will most likely be similar (meaning not *requiring* X-Hoopers) to this years' which are:

Regular Agility, Elite level, Proficient/Skilled: at least 200 points must have been
earned in the dog's lifetime. These points may have come from any/all classes offered in
NADAC, with the following requirements:
1. At least 80 points must have been earned be earned in the current year from the Regular
Agility class at the Open or Elite level.
2. At least 20 points must have been earned in the current year, at the Open or Elite level, in
both Jumpers and Chances.
3. If a dog is over 7 on August 1, 2016, then they MUST enter the Veterans division. If a
dog is over 10 on the first day of the Championships, then they will be entered into the
Double Digit division.

As you can see there's no requirement for any of the "games" - Weavers/Tunnelers/Touch N'Go.

Hope that helps,
Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA