Author Topic: seating in the arena  (Read 1661 times)

Sandy Langan

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
seating in the arena
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:10:16 AM »
Since this is my first trip to Utah and I can't tell from the pictures of the arena, is the seating benches without backs or chairs? If they are benches is there anywhere we can bring and set up our own fold up chairs by the arena? Just wondering how many chairs to pack for the trip. Thanks for the help. Sandy Langan

Karen Birdsong

Re: seating in the arena
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:24:10 AM »
Benches.  I take a stadium seat that hooks on the bottom of the bench for added stability.  Some bring seat cushions.  ;)
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys..TJ and Monte

cheyaut

• CheyAut Ranch
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:47:39 PM »
Stadium seats with backs are highly recommended by me! My back was killing me by the end without one. I'm definitely not going without one this year LOL!
Jessi Zamboni

agilityaddict2

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 04:19:41 PM »
Been looking at stadium seats. Can anyone recommend a specific one that is not too pricey?

Becky Wolfe

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »

I know that Costco had one in the past couple of weeks that wasn't too bad.
Becky with Sonic, Tango, Nala and Herbie
NM

Kelly Wilson

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 06:33:47 PM »
Scheels is where I got mine $29

Kelly
Journey, Kya, & Indie
Kelly Wilson
Journey, Kya, & Indie

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 07:14:45 PM »
I got mine 2 yrs. ago at K-Mart on sale for Labor Day.  I'm sure I paid under $20.   You guys might want to wait until this coming weekend to see what the 'end of summer" sales bring.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 07:48:04 PM »
FYI
This Sunday's flyer from Dick's Sporting Goods has stadium seats (in colors, with a purple option!) on sale, Buy One ($24.99) Get One Free.

Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 08:06:12 PM »
Sunday's K-Mart flyer has stadium seats on sale for $11.99.  Assorted colors.  Don't know if purple is among those.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Kyle

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 07:57:59 AM »
Whatever kind of stadium seat you get, make sure you have some kind of "cushion" on the seat part.  ;) Maybe get a separate chair cushion that will fit it or fold up a blanket, otherwise you're still sitting on a *cold, hard* seat. I'd also recommend a blanket of some sort to wrap around your legs (or all of you!) because it does get cold in there! Especially early mornings and evenings.

Years ago, when I bought my stadium seats, I got the kind with arm rests. Paid more, but a great investment! Much more relaxing!  :)

-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

agilityaddict2

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 08:26:10 AM »
Thanks for the input.. I did get one with arms and also straps to attach to bleacher. Didn't even think about the blanket...great idea thanks!

Dheavner

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »
Beverly......where did you get the one with arms?

Donna

Sharon, AZ

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »
Whatever kind of stadium seat you get, make sure you have some kind of "cushion" on the seat part.  ;) Maybe get a separate chair cushion that will fit it or fold up a blanket, otherwise you're still sitting on a *cold, hard* seat. I'd also recommend a blanket of some sort to wrap around your legs (or all of you!) because it does get cold in there! Especially early mornings and evenings.

Years ago, when I bought my stadium seats, I got the kind with arm rests. Paid more, but a great investment! Much more relaxing!  :)

-Kyle

Blankets, Kyle?  Ok, thanks, I had not thought of blankets!  Sharon, AZ

Kyle

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 10:26:07 PM »

-Kyle

Blankets, Kyle?  Ok, thanks, I had not thought of blankets!  Sharon, AZ

I think last time in Utah it was the warmest Championships (except for Tennessee!) that I've ever been to. The time before that (in Utah) it was *cold*.  :)

-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 10:22:28 PM »
As I recall we had at least 1 day of rain in 2014 and 2012.  This can make it muddy around the stalls and where the dogs enter the arena.
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys..TJ and Monte