Author Topic: Elite All Arounds  (Read 3130 times)

Lynn Saunders

• Trial Secretary
  • Karosel Sheltie 3-Pack
Elite All Arounds
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:34:50 PM »
Can you earn more than one Elite All Around? I would think it is like earning a Triple Triple Superior Versatility -- you can only earn one of those. It is not like a NATCh where you can earn multiples, is it??

Thanks!
Lynn Saunders
Lynn Saunders
Truckee, CA
Where the Stars Shine Brighter...

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Elite All Arounds
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:50:16 PM »
Correct.  One and done.

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
Elite All Arounds
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
Question....in regard to ELITE ALL AROUND Awards.
If you can only earn "one and done"....then why would you ever keep entering HOOPERS? You can earn multiple NATCHes why not ELITE ALL AROUNDS? What happens with EGC?

LinB

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:02:41 PM »
By the rulebook:
Elite All Around Award: A Superior Performance title earned in every class offered by NADAC at the Novice, Open and Elite levels. 

So unless the criteria changes it would be hard to earn your superiors multiple times.

I know the reason Hoopers is not incorporated into the NATCH program is because it was a new class at the time and there was a transitioning period while everyone got used to it.   And making it a part of the NATCH program right away would have upset a good number of people.

As for what the future holds...anything is possible. Within reason.

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
Elite All Arounds
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:32:57 PM »
 But why would it need to be part of the NATCH program to be multiple all around?

LinB

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »
An all around award is only your superiors in all classes.    You only earn your superior once.   It would have to be an entirely new award.  Which I don't see happening.

I was saying to make hoopers more viable so that people would have to continue running it, it could be integrated with the NATCH program.   But that is just me talking, not anything that has been truly discussed to happen.

Rsquared

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • Scooter's Mom
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 08:56:15 AM »
Question....in regard to ELITE ALL AROUND Awards.
If you can only earn "one and done"....then why would you ever keep entering HOOPERS?

LinB

Because my dog loves it!  And I love it too!
Ronni in San Diego with Scooter, Ollie & Xtra Crispy (R.I.P. Sage)

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
Elite All Arounds
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 09:38:36 AM »
Sorry I wasn't attaching but simply asking a question. We were one of the first to offer this class when it started. I love it too! It is one of the best classes for teaching handlers how to show the dog the path. But we also like to have goals to work toward. I run multiple dogs and some have earned enough points for multiple ALL AROUNDS....and I'm still running it. I just think we should be able to earn more than one ALL AROUND like with NATCHes. Perhaps Sharon can rethink the point system?

LinB

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »
Sorry I wasn't attaching but simply asking a question. We were one of the first to offer this class when it started. I love it too! It is one of the best classes for teaching handlers how to show the dog the path. But we also like to have goals to work toward. I run multiple dogs and some have earned enough points for multiple ALL AROUNDS....and I'm still running it. I just think we should be able to earn more than one ALL AROUND like with NATCHes. Perhaps Sharon can rethink the point system?

LinB

I guess I don't understand the need.... we don't have Elite Triple Superior #2, #3, or Elite Versatility #2, or #3.....  why would we take Hoopers and add Elite All Around #2, #3, etc...... 

For those that run Hoopers after the Elite All Around, they have the Hoopers Top Ten to go after for recognition and the personal pleasure of running Hoopers.... that is my reason!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
Elite All Arounds
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »
Thx Sharon that was a good explanation.

mymixkc

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »
.... we don't have Elite Triple Superior #2, #3, or Elite Versatility #2, or #3.....  why would we take Hoopers and add Elite All Around #2, #3, etc...... 

What about having an All Around NATCH with multiples available that way?
Similar to the Versatility NATCH (#2, #3, etc)... a looooooong way off for me, but just a thought.
Diane B
MN

Scott Whittington

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »
You should be able to earn extended titles in Hoopers, unless I am mistaken.  That is something to shoot for!

Scott Whittington

Scott Whittington
Little Elm, TX

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 01:49:56 AM »
I'm wondering (and I know the answer has been given), but if there WERE multiple Elite All Arounds, why couldn't someone stay in Novice and Open, and earn Novice All Around #2, #3, and the same for Open. In other words they'd be extended awards too.

As I said, the question was answered and I am just speculating... It's a moot point.   :)
Sheila & the Shelties

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 10:37:39 AM »
.... we don't have Elite Triple Superior #2, #3, or Elite Versatility #2, or #3.....  why would we take Hoopers and add Elite All Around #2, #3, etc...... 

What about having an All Around NATCH with multiples available that way?
Similar to the Versatility NATCH (#2, #3, etc)... a looooooong way off for me, but just a thought.

That is a very good idea!  And the big difference with it is that the All Arounds MUST have the previous level earned.... so in order to earn an All Around NATCH, it means that Superiors were earned in every class at all three levels.... not that is VERY impressive and an excellent idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thinking!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sionnach

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 04:14:53 AM »
I would LOVE to be able to go for extended titles in Hoopers, since my older dog love the class. Unfortunately, it's pulling hen's teeth to even *find* a Hoopers class in my area, and the few clubs who do offer it usually do so on Fridays, which more often than not aren't an option for someone who works.  :(
Sarah F
Cenau Goch - Novice Versatility, Novice Triple Superior, Novice All-Around; S-OAC,  O-OCC, S-OJC, O-TNG-O,  S-WV-O, S-TN-O, S-HP-O; EAC, O-EJC, O-TN-E
Cerys Coesau - NAC, NCC, NJC, TNG-N, O-TN-N
Always in my memory: Brenin, Morag Thistledown, & Rocsi Cadarn, w/far too many titles to list....