Author Topic: Illinois fairgrounds  (Read 6739 times)

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
Re: Illinois fairgrounds
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 10:24:51 AM »
And just adding that Kansas would bring the Champs much further west than Illinois (adding another two days of driving each way) which would knock out a lot of the East Coast people who are planning to attend- me included.   

I am very much looking forward to my first Champs (fingers crossed for completing my qualifications) and hope they stay in Illinois, comparable drive or even closer east :-).   

Mary P.

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 10:48:16 AM »
Gina Pizzo
Abbey, Trek and Shay

Wild Terriers

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 10:53:39 AM »
I don't think Kansas is another 2 days driving each way - when I mapquest to Springfield, IL and Hutchinson, KS - it's about 5 1/2 hours farther. . . .   Not advocating for a particular site, but, Mary, don't get discouraged if it's in Kansas - to me it makes it a solid two day drive not a long one day or two short days. . . .

It seems to me that while we all have a preference where we would like Champs to be, but, I think we all need to realize that finding a place and dates is not easy even under the best of circumstances, and these are certainly not the best of circumstances. . . . . 

Karen and the Wild Terriers

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 11:26:39 AM »
How about the Iowa State Fairgrounds?

http://www.iowastatefairgrounds.org/facilities/buildings/livestock-pavilion/

Gina

The arena is on the small side, but not horribly too small.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 11:38:19 AM »
Someone else also recommended Springfield, OH as a site to consider.
-Heidi

It is possible, the arena is smaller than what we use, but possible, we would just have to downsize a bit.
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 01:19:01 PM »
Someone else also recommended Springfield, OH as a site to consider.
-Heidi

It is possible, the arena is smaller than what we use, but possible, we would just have to downsize a bit.

I mentioned before, but it may have gotten missed, Indianapolis has a really nice arena too.  It seems to me it is near the same size as Illinois.  Raised seating and a nice building right across from it.
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 04:36:36 PM »
I don't think Kansas is another 2 days driving each way - when I mapquest to Springfield, IL and Hutchinson, KS - it's about 5 1/2 hours farther. . . .   Not advocating for a particular site, but, Mary, don't get discouraged if it's in Kansas - to me it makes it a solid two day drive not a long one day or two short days. . . .

It seems to me that while we all have a preference where we would like Champs to be, but, I think we all need to realize that finding a place and dates is not easy even under the best of circumstances, and these are certainly not the best of circumstances. . . . . 

Well according to what I mapped it is 9 hours longer for me and my drive- which is really what I base it on- not the distance from Springfield. 

I know we all have a preference but the fact is Kansas is much further west than Illinois and that was my point. 

I realize places are hard to find- heck finding places for a regular weekend trial are hard to find.  I don't believe I criticized anyone- I was just weighing in on a place someone mentioned and how it would affect some if us- which I believe is part of the forum. 

I am sure NADAC will do the best they can to find a place that works. 
Mary P.

Chris on Mushtown Road

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 06:03:24 PM »
How about the Iowa State Fairgrounds?

http://www.iowastatefairgrounds.org/facilities/buildings/livestock-pavilion/

Gina

The arena is on the small side, but not horribly too small.

Sharon

It is a very nice arena, lots of natural light and the dirt is usually good. Crating on dirt in the same building. I did hear the rent went up and the AKC club moved their fall trial. 
Chris
Chris in MN
Maggie, Winn and DDare

MoabDiane

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 07:25:04 PM »
I don't know anything about the sites in the Midwest. But after all, Kansas is pretty much the geographic center of the country. Sure, there's an advantage to people that live nearby. But overall, it is a central as it gets!

Diane

knittingdog

• Cowtown Dog Sports
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2016, 06:03:30 AM »

Someone from Oklahoma chime in because I don't recall the name - there's the place in Edmond where we went to several trials and seminars.  It might work.  Not sure how far away the stalls are.

Circle ?
Diamond ?

Something like that.

Robin

knittingdog

• Cowtown Dog Sports
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 06:04:29 AM »

Also the place in Murfreesboro where they have had Cynosport.  Don't know much else about that location either.

Robin

SpringCrew

• NADAC Addict
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2016, 06:06:44 AM »
I think it was looked at before when we changed to Springfield,  Eden Park Equestrian Complex  2607 Blayney Road  Sunbury, OH 43074.  I believe the AKC held National there in 2004.  Been a long time since I was there.

http://www.edenparkequestrian.com/contactus/
Tim Spring
If you aren't having fun you're not playing NADAC!

knittingdog

• Cowtown Dog Sports
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 06:11:35 AM »

Cynosport was at Tennessee Miller Coliseum. 

http://www.mtsu.edu/tmc/

Robin

evlcek

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 06:32:00 AM »
Lexington va horse center.

Or livestock center at mtsu in murfreesboro tn. http://www.mtsu.edu/TLC/

Marsha01

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 07:33:11 AM »
The Missouri State fairground in Sedalia arena has stadium seating and is larger than the Kansas state fairgrounds arena.