Author Topic: Illinois fairgrounds  (Read 9058 times)

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
Re: Illinois fairgrounds
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2016, 08:29:32 AM »
Not sure what part of the Northeast you are talking about but people in my area (NJ/NY) are still planning on going even if in the pavilion.

Mary P.

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
Everyone has their criteria - surface, surface, surface, and oh yeah, distance from home, RV sites, etc. etc. etc.

But VA is way too far east, IMHO.  I like having Champs some distance inland from each coast - sure, someone is always going to be "closer." 
But far east, far west - it's too far for too many folks!

Back to playing with my dogs,
diane

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »
No way to satisfy everyone with locations because one persons "too far" is another person's "ok, a bit of a drive but I'm up for it..."  But it does seem like splitting into just two halves - east and west - really limits who you see at each Champs.  My suggestion for consideration is divide the nation into 3 parts.  Then try to find a spot in the middle of each of those areas for a 3 year rotation rather than a 2 year rotation.  I know finding those "spots" isn't an easy task.  But if people know that "next year" Champs is going to be somewhere in the middle between "X" and "Y" then that helps narrow down the possibilities that need checking out.  And based on all of the posts so far, there are LOTS of possibilities - depending on dates and lots of other factors of course.

So say for arguments sake, draw a line from east Montana down through east New Mexico for the west third.  Utah was a good middle spot for that third.  Then draw a line from the west side of Montana down through west New Mexico and the other line from say Iowa down through Louisiana.  Lots of middle spots for this third section - South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.  Then use that Iowa Louisiana line to determine the East third and you've got central spots in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, etc.

Depending on where people lived in relation to these central areas, many people could more easily do Champs at least 2 out of every 3 years.

As for investigating probably locations, I'm betting that there are a couple of people in each of those areas who are "Champs" experienced and who Sharon would trust with doing preliminary groundwork to determine places with appropriate size, dates, surfaces, crating, seating, cost, air conditioned/heated, etc.  That small "committee" could really narrow down the choices for NADAC to decide on.  And people could funnel their suggestions to that "committee."  3 small committees - one for each third of the states.  Take some of the load off of NADAC with people who know what to look for.  Then let NADAC take that info and make the best choice.

Just my 2 cents - change available  ;) ;)
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2016, 10:52:38 AM »
No way to satisfy everyone with locations because one persons "too far" is another person's "ok, a bit of a drive but I'm up for it..."  But it does seem like splitting into just two halves - east and west - really limits who you see at each Champs.  My suggestion for consideration is divide the nation into 3 parts.  Then try to find a spot in the middle of each of those areas for a 3 year rotation rather than a 2 year rotation.  I know finding those "spots" isn't an easy task.  But if people know that "next year" Champs is going to be somewhere in the middle between "X" and "Y" then that helps narrow down the possibilities that need checking out.  And based on all of the posts so far, there are LOTS of possibilities - depending on dates and lots of other factors of course.

So say for arguments sake, draw a line from east Montana down through east New Mexico for the west third.  Utah was a good middle spot for that third.  Then draw a line from the west side of Montana down through west New Mexico and the other line from say Iowa down through Louisiana.  Lots of middle spots for this third section - South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.  Then use that Iowa Louisiana line to determine the East third and you've got central spots in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, etc.

Depending on where people lived in relation to these central areas, many people could more easily do Champs at least 2 out of every 3 years.

As for investigating probably locations, I'm betting that there are a couple of people in each of those areas who are "Champs" experienced and who Sharon would trust with doing preliminary groundwork to determine places with appropriate size, dates, surfaces, crating, seating, cost, air conditioned/heated, etc.  That small "committee" could really narrow down the choices for NADAC to decide on.  And people could funnel their suggestions to that "committee."  3 small committees - one for each third of the states.  Take some of the load off of NADAC with people who know what to look for.  Then let NADAC take that info and make the best choice.

Just my 2 cents - change available  ;) ;)

Good input!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

paschi22

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 11:36:39 AM »
Another option could be the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI. They may already be booked but they do lots of ag and horse events there. Multiple building options I believe. https://www.alliantenergycenter.com/

Pam
Pam Schiffleger

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2016, 05:14:09 AM »
The Alliant center would appear to be too small, both the arena (85' x 200') and the Coliseum (105' x 220').
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2016, 09:05:36 AM »
Eden Park in Sunbury, OH looks interesting.
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2016, 10:07:47 AM »
We are VERY tentatively considering Eden Park in Sunbury, OH.    Have to get some more details from them and then we might have another little issue to overcome that the exhibitors could help out with.  Should know more in the next few days

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2016, 10:12:20 AM »
We are VERY tentatively considering Eden Park in Sunbury, OH.    Have to get some more details from them and then we might have another little issue to overcome that the exhibitors could help out with.  Should know more in the next few days

Great!  Keep us posted, nice location!
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Wild Terriers

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
Eden looks amazing!!! 

Karen
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Bernie Doyle

• Judge
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »
Well, if I can't get there in 3 1/2 hours, a 5 1/2 hour drive will work!! Still hoping for Springfield, but we can travel to OH too!!!

Bernie and the blue dogs
Bernie Doyle
Joliet,IL

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2016, 10:51:18 AM »
Place looks awesome.   Fingers, toes, and paws crossed!

M
Mary P.

Rosemary

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2016, 11:54:26 AM »
It does look really nice!  Paws crossed!

lbhuntley

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2016, 04:55:41 AM »
Eden looks wonderful. Indoor HEATED coliseum??? Oh, yeah. Hope the details can be worked out.

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2016, 06:28:26 AM »
So is Springfield out for sure?

Gina Pizzo