Author Topic: 2017 Champs Hotel  (Read 2636 times)

AndreaEntin

• Judge
2017 Champs Hotel
« on: November 10, 2016, 07:41:59 AM »
Hi all

I have a call into Americas Best Value Inn for a group rate.  The hotel is 12 min away from the trial site. It is pet friendly, but there is a 10 per night pet charge.  There appears to be sufficient grass around the hotel and it is close to food.  I did book my room with AAA for a rate of $71.99 plus the pet fee.  I hope to hear from the manager about a group rate for us.  I told them 40 rooms and they said the rate would probably drop down to 63.99.  If you would like to call them there number is 740-362-6159.
I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Andrea

Rosemary

Re: 2017 Champs Hotel
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:46:43 AM »
Thank you so much for that!

Margaret MacEwen

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 06:56:57 PM »
Andrea thanks for looking into this.  When I went online, I saw $10 per pet per night with a 2 pet limit.  If you hear back from them can you ask if there is any flexibility with that?  I'm sure I'm not the only one traveling with more than 2 dogs.  It doesn't look like there are many dog friendly hotels nearby, so I hope they are willing to work with the group.
Margaret MacEwen
Tempe Wick, Crew and Jersey

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 06:27:11 PM »
Andrea thanks for looking into this.  When I went online, I saw $10 per pet per night with a 2 pet limit.  If you hear back from them can you ask if there is any flexibility with that?  I'm sure I'm not the only one traveling with more than 2 dogs.  It doesn't look like there are many dog friendly hotels nearby, so I hope they are willing to work with the group.

Exactly, I will be travelling with 4 dogs.  I can't afford to pay over 100/night with pet fees. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

AndreaEntin

• Judge
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 08:46:37 AM »
Ok people.  Just talked with the hotel again and they cannot give me a group rate just yet.  There might be a potential name change at this hotel and they want to see what happens with that first.  They have my contact information and will let me know when they can get it arranged. 

When I hear......you will hear.

Thanks Andrea  ;D

Marsha01

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 09:28:11 AM »
Maybe we could do a group rate at one of the La Quinta hotels?  No pet fees there?   

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »
La Quinta seems to have changed their policy.  I believe most are (as it was put to me when I asked while making a reservation) "asking" that there be no more than 2 dogs per room.  Yes, still no pet fee.

Gina Pizzo

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:27 AM »
La Quinta seems to have changed their policy.  I believe most are (as it was put to me when I asked while making a reservation) "asking" that there be no more than 2 dogs per room.  Yes, still no pet fee.

Gina Pizzo

Yes, La Quinta is changing their dog policies.  Some have changed over to the "only 2" and a pet fee and some are still on their older policy rules.  Be sure to ask and it might change by October of next year.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 08:01:33 PM »
Can someone give me an idea of the dates of champs alone, as well as the dates of pre-champs so newbies like me can figure out when we need to arrive and leave?

Thanks.

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 01:36:20 AM »
Can someone give me an idea of the dates of champs alone, as well as the dates of pre-champs so newbies like me can figure out when we need to arrive and leave?

Thanks.

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

That is a mistake on my part!

Pre Champs will be on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Then Regular Championships starting on Thursday through Sunday as normal :)

I'll update the website right now!  Butter fingers :)

The NADAC website lists this information, plus the details on what is required for qualifying.  It says Champs will be October 5-8 and that pre Champs is October 3 and 5.

And that causes me to ask a question!  So Chris, pre Champs will be only on Tuesday and then during regular Champs on Thursday this year?   It's not a problem, just wanting to clarify since I think this is a little different scheduling than in the past....and with the new site being so much closer for us I thought I could get there in time to participate in some pre Champs classes this year.

Vicki
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:09:13 PM by Chris Nelson »
Vicki Storrs

AndreaEntin

• Judge
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 12:08:50 PM »
I believe the La Quinta was 30 min away from the show site, otherwise thats where I would have booked.

Andrea

Lorrie Stelz

• My website
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 03:41:41 PM »
LaQuinta has always had a policy of 2 dogs per room.  It's listed on a full page Pet Policy form on their website and has been for years, but it's hard to find.  It's also on a lot of the forms we sign at check in.  Some just don't enforce it. I've had major issues in the KC and Tulsa area many years ago trying to stay at some with more than 2.  Thankfully now, I only travel with 2.

http://www.lq.com/en/popups/pet-policy.html#.WC5AW9IrLcs
Lorrie Stelz
Kaiden: NATCH 15 V-NATCH 12 AA NATCH 4 Tartan Bay More Than Meets The Eye PT BN MX MXJ MXF TKI IT
Tripp: NATCH 7 V-NATCH 5 AA NATCH 4 BB's Embrace The Journey TKI IT
Sketch: BB's Nothin' But A Good Time TKI IT
ret. Chaney: NATCH 8 V-NATCH 5 Wildblue Enchanted MX MXJ MJB MXF S-HP-E HOF