Author Topic: Thanksgiving weekend trial  (Read 2730 times)

TheQuestKnight

• I'm a Marxist: Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Zeppo, Gummo
Re: Thanksgiving weekend trial
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 12:55:15 PM »
I don't post much anymore...................facing a few upcoming neurological surgeries, neither I nor my dogs will be running, walking, dancing anywhere............anytime soon!  However, in the past, we (me and Barb) have trialed with our furry kids on every governmental and religious holiday except for Christmas!!!!!!!!!! 

PLEASE, do NOT try to exert influence on others if you do not like trials at those times!  Quietly CHOOSE to NOT attend....................and let the rest of us "anti-social heathens" gather and have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE, do NOT interpret that last paragraph negatively!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  As a country, we are divided enough as it is...........................let us NOT create artificial, meaningless divides in our agility family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN, people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Trialing on and around holidays, be they governmental or religious is PETTY BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE, do NOT be STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We all have a CHOICE............................attend the trial........................or do other stuff with family and friends..............................and BOTH are GOOD THINGS to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We, the WHOLE of the NADAC family are BETTER than this petty "discussion"...........................PLEASE, PUT IT TO REST...................................and devote your energies to more important things........................because there is much that needs/demands your POSITIVE energies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al & Barb Ceranko, Pelli, Katie & Lily
Castle Camelot: Al, Barb, Dred, Gael & Pellinore . . . and from The Bridge Grill & Pub,  Kali, Flurry, Promise, Chico, Romulus, Trix and Tony.

Billie Rosen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 07:45:42 PM »
Daryl, as the chairperson of that trial, and as someone who has attended all of the JCAC Thanksgiving shows (we have been doing shows that weekend for a very long time), I guess I am one of the best people to answer your question.  We chose that weekend because a lot of dog people don't have a lot of family in the area and feel that their friends in the dog community are their family.  We chose to spend this weekend with these very special friends.  But I guess I am perplexed that you would ask this question, since no one has to attend the trial, it is totally your choice.  Obviously a lot of people wanted to spend time with their dog community friends, since we had 119 dogs in the trial.
Billie Rosen    agilek9s@q.com
Kruz'n (Border Terrier)  NATCH 28, Vers. NATCH 14
Klev'r (Border Terrier)  NATCH 11, Vers. NATCH 9
Book'n (Border Terrier)  working on 1st NATCH

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 07:23:00 AM »
While we don't have a 3 day Thanksgiving trial in our area, we do have a weekend trial and it is a trial I attend every year and love it.  My first dog earned her first 4 titles at that trial as well as her NATCH and her Triple/Triple.  It is the only NADAC trial in the area and is the last one of the season for me.  After this trial, I don't trial again until Feb or March.  It is a fun-filled weekend with good friends.  I spend Thanksgiving day with my family, Friday is generally my husband and I taking the britts out pheasant hunting and Saturday and Sunday I play with the agility dogs while my husband hunts again.  A perfect weekend.
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso