Author Topic: Intro to Directionals Online Class  (Read 2056 times)

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
  • Fluid Motion Agility-For the Athlete in Your Dog!
    • Fluid Motion Agility
Intro to Directionals Online Class
« on: November 22, 2016, 03:10:35 PM »
Hi Everyone!
   My Intro to Directionals online class opens for registration today!  This class will cover my base directionals and how I teach them from the ground up. I will also be covering some of the crosses I use and we will also be talking about how to create "lines" and proper footwork and timing. 

I still have some working spots available and unlimited auditing spots!

This class is offered through Fenzi Dog Sports:   http://www.fenzidogsportsacademy.com/index.php/courses/9944

This class will cover how Amanda teaches the foundations for her directional commands; Out, Here, Go, Switch, and Tight.   

Amanda teaches all of her directionals "on the ground" before applying them to equipment. This class will focus on the flatwork for these directionals. Amanda uses cones and barrels as part of her flatwork to teach a strong directional foundation.

Over the course of the class Amanda will show how she teaches her directionals starting with cone work and then progressing to using jumps or hoops (or a combination of both)  Amanda teaches all of her directionals based with body language cues so students will also learn footwork skills and drills as well as different crosses and how to perform them with the directionals.

This class will also cover the Base Crosses that Amanda uses with her handling system. We will be covering Rear Crosses, Front Crosses, Blind Crosses, Post Turns and Counter Rotations.

Amanda will focus a lot of this class on proper timing of body language cues for directionals, proper footwork, and creating efficient turns and lines.
Amanda Nelson
Online Classes and Private Lessons available!
--
For the Athlete in Your Dog!
www.fluidmotionagility.com

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
Re: Intro to Directionals Online Class
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 07:40:43 PM »
I still have some working spots available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amanda Nelson
--

KathieT

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 07:51:21 PM »
What is the minimum dog age to work on this?

Kathie Till
Kathie
Beulah WY

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 08:23:46 PM »
We will be starting with foundation work and lots of handler footwork. I would say that 1 year would probably be a good age. But the exercises could be modified for younger dogs. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amanda Nelson
--

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 09:19:22 AM »
I don't see this on the list for any other time this year.   So if my dog is only 5 months old would you recommend taking it at the Silver or Bronze level and working on it on my own when she's older?  Also I don't have access to a 40 x 40 space on a regular basis, could manage once or maybe twice a week.  Would that be sufficient?

Gina Pizzo

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »
Hi Gina!
   I am so sorry I didn't see your reply! 

A lot of the work in this class would be perfect for your pup! Lots of foundation stuff!  We will work on more advanced/sequencing stuff for the dogs in class who are ready for it during Week 5 & 6, but the core of this class is flatwork and foundations. :-D 

Amanda

I don't see this on the list for any other time this year.   So if my dog is only 5 months old would you recommend taking it at the Silver or Bronze level and working on it on my own when she's older?  Also I don't have access to a 40 x 40 space on a regular basis, could manage once or maybe twice a week.  Would that be sufficient?

Gina Pizzo
Amanda Nelson
--

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 05:22:56 AM »
Thanks Amanda.  I did sign up for Bronze level. 

Gina