Author Topic: champs requirements  (Read 6687 times)

giddyup

champs requirements
« on: December 24, 2016, 06:12:55 PM »
Hi,  Just want to verify I'm understanding requirements for 2017 Champs
(I've never been before, so bear with me!  :P

Pre Elite
  *100 lifetime points, any class, any level
  *100 points in Regular, any level (if you earn more than 100 in elite regular, you must enter elite, not pre elite)
  *20 point in X-Hoopers and level

Elite
  *200 lifetime points, any class, any level
  *100 points in Elite Regular
  *20 points in Eilite Jumpers
  *20 points in Elite Chances
  *20 points in Elite Tunnelers
  *20 points in Elite Touch n Go
  *20 points in Elite Weavers
  *20 points in X-Hoopers, any level

all these between Aug 1, 2016-July 31, 2017

Please let me know if this is right or if I'm wrong on any of it.
Also, what actual classes are run at Champs?  (told you I'm new to this!)

Thanks so much for your help!
Jill

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: champs requirements
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »
According to the premium (it's on the NADAC.com site) you have a few things incorrect.

For Regular Champs requirements (not pre elite) for current year points requirements the premium does NOT require any points in Touch and Go, Tunnelers, or Weavers, only Regular, Jumpers and Chances and the points can be from EITHER Open or Elite (X Hoopers can be from any level).

For pre elite, you have to have 100 REGULAR CLASS points in the current year (that is August 1, 2016-July 31, 2017) from any/all levels, however you cannot have MORE than 100 Elite level points and the cut off date for going over 100 Elite regular points is September 15, 2017.  There is no 100 points any class any level requirement (your first bullet point).
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

giddyup

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
Thanks Vicki. So for Pre Elite you just need 100 points in regular, any level?  Don't you also need 20 points in X-Hoopers?  What about the 20 points each in Jumpers and Chances?

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 04:39:49 AM »
I didn't mention those two points because you had that correct on your list 😀

The premium lists no other class requirements (like jumpers or chances) for pre elite except for the 20 X Hoopers points earned during the current year in any level.

You also didn't mention it, perhaps because it doesn't apply to you, but there are also veteran (any dog over 7 on August 1, 2017 must be entered as a vet) and double digit (any dog over 10 on the first day of Champs must be entered as double digit) provisions.  How it will work is that there WILL be separate divisions for these dogs (vet and double digit) in regular Champs but there would only be separate classes for them in pre elite IF the numbers are large enough, which is probably unlikely (since many/most dogs this age will have too many points to be Eligible for pre elite).  And then there are the Stakes divisions, for the bigger distance, bonus line type dogs and handlers.

AND I totally missed your last question!  Sorry!  They do NOT run separate "classes" during actual Champs.  There are two runs for each dog each day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and for sure one run on Sunday morning.  Sunday afternoon's run is "finals" and roughly the top third in each division are the only ones to run.  The runs may have "themes," for example Thursday mornings run may have more tunnels, Friday afternoon may have more weaves (never more than twelve, you just might do them a time or two more) and one run will undoubtedly have a hoop circle. But they are not named, separate classes like at a normal trial. 
Now there IS pre champs, which essentially IS a normal type trial, running this year I think on Tuesday and Wednesday before Champs start on Thursday.  So if you want to arrive a day or two early you have the option of running in that.  You can pick a class or two to "get your feet wet" or run them all, and it's also useful if, like many, you need to bring the "other" dog (or two!) who didn't qualify for Champs to give them something to do and expose them to the slightly different atmosphere of a Champs location--cuz they'll probably be ready to go for the next Champs, right? 😛

It's a new location for Everybody (NADAC and competitors) this year, which could be Fantastic or might have a few bumps (I know I will miss the wonderful food vendor at the Coliseum in Springfield--as much for the nice people who worked there as for the food, and the welcoming staff at the motel, who would open the breakfast up early just for us dog people who had to leave before it would normally open).  But regardless, I KNOW it will be fun!  If you have the chance, do it!
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 06:30:28 AM »
This is copied directly from the NADAC website and clearly lists requirements - hope it helps:

Qualification Requirements:

Regular Agility:

Regular Agility, Elite level, Proficient/Skilled: at least 200 points must have been earned in the dog's lifetime. These points may have come from any/all classes offered in NADAC, with the following requirements:

1. At least 100 points must have been earned be earned in the current year from the Regular Agility class at the Open or Elite level.

2. At least 20 points must have been earned in the current year,at the Open or Elite level,in both Jumpers and Chances.

3. At least 20 points must have been earned in the current year at any level in X-Hoopers.

4. If a dog is over 7 on August 1, 2017, then they MUST enter the Veterans division. If a dog is over 10 on the first day of the Championships, then they will be entered into the Double Digit division.

Pre Elite

1. At least 100 points must have been earned be earned in the current year from the Regular Agility class. A dog entered in Pre-Elite cannot have earned more than 100 points in Elite Regular in their lifetime up to September 15, 2017. If a dog earns more than 100 points in Elite Regular, then their entry will be switched to the Elite level.

2. If a dog is over 7 on August 1, 2017, then they MUST enter the Veterans division. If a dog is over 10 on the first day of the Championships, then they will be entered into the Double Digit division.Veterans may or may not be split into a different division in Pre-Elite, depending upon entry numbers. If not split, then all dogs jumping at the same height will be scored together.

3. 3. At least 20 points must have been earned in the current year at any level in X-Hoopers.

Stakes Entries

1. For entry into the Starter Stakes division the dog must have earned at least two 15 point distance challenge qualifiers, or one Regular bonus in the current year.

2. For entry into the Silver Stakes division the dog must have earned a minimum of 75 bonus points with at least one 20 point bonus/distance challenge in Regular OR two 15 point bonuses/distance challenges in Regular in the current year.

3. For entry into the Super Stakes division the dog must have earned a minimum of 120 bonus points with a minimum of two 25+ point bonuses in Regular in the current year with both of those being with a run index of over 100.

4. For each run of Regular Agility, there could be several bonus areas set on each course, for which the dog will earn points for successful sequences performed at a distance that will count towards his overall Stakes points for the entire competition week. The degree of distance will change with each level. The dogs will be allowed to jump at the same jump height as they are on a regular weekend trial, including any height reductions for Veterans, and Jr, Handlers. Dogs will be placed with all dogs in their Standard division jump height.

5. The distance requirements for the bonus areas could be greater than the distance tests on regular trial weekends. This class will highlight the dog/handler teamís ability to do exceptional distance handling skills and obstacle performance skills.

Maureen, Nika, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Ed and Dino

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 08:23:07 AM »
So to use your different format of stating just the point/Q requirements, I've modified it below.

Hi,  Just want to verify I'm understanding requirements for 2017 Champs

Pre Elite
  *100 points in Regular, any level (if you earn more than 100 in elite regular by 9/15/17, must enter elite)
  *20 point in X-Hoopers any level

Elite
  *200 lifetime points in any class, any level
  *100 points in Elite/Open Regular between Aug 1, 2016-July 31, 2017
  *2 Qs in Elite/Open Jumpers between Aug 1, 2016-July 31, 2017
  *2 Qs in Elite/Open Chances between Aug 1, 2016-July 31, 2017
  *20 points in X-Hoopers, any level between Aug 1, 2016-July 31, 2017

The only requirement at the Regular Agility level that is a bit confusing is the 200 lifetime points from any/all classes. I believe your / mine interpretation is the points can be from any where. So to meet them and the other listed current year requirements, It is possible to have 90 points from Novice, 3 Qs in Reg, Chances and Jumpers to make Open level and possibly 2 Intro Qs for X-hoopers and then other current year requirements, easily makes more than 200 lifetime points.
Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Foomin Z

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »
Do the current-year required point totals need to be from only skilled or only proficient, or can it be a mix?

For example, can 10 open/elite jumpers points be from skilled and 10 open/elite jumpers points be from proficient?

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 12:32:42 PM »
Do the current-year required point totals need to be from only skilled or only proficient, or can it be a mix?

For example, can 10 open/elite jumpers points be from skilled and 10 open/elite jumpers points be from proficient?

Skilled and Proficient are combined in NADAC for everything NADAC.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Laura A Henrich

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »
Another question regarding 2017 Champs requirements ...

Do skilled dogs need to have a measurement height card filled out by judges prior to champs?  This wasn't required in 2015 but I thought I heard it was a requirement in 2016.

Thanks
Laura & Tobi
NJ
Laura A Henrich
Tobi
Rylee

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 06:06:06 AM »

Do skilled dogs need to have a measurement height card filled out by judges prior to champs?  This wasn't required in 2015 but I thought I heard it was a requirement in 2016.

Thanks
Laura & Tobi
NJ

What we're going to do this year is just verify that your height in our database is correct.  So for Toby we have his height listed at 22", which makes it easy since you're so far over 18 there is no question :)

But if someone had a dog and when they registered they listed the height at 17", then fluffy McDoodle went through a growth spurt and he's now 19", if we didn't get the updated height info we would have that dog running in the wrong place.   

So we just need to verify the info we have, but an actual height card won't be necessary.

So the short answer is if you're confident that your dog really is 17" then you're all good.   If you aren't confident then ask a judge to measure them and let us know the final result, but no height card submission. :)

Rosemary

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 07:37:41 AM »
This may be a silly question, but do skilled and proficient dogs run against each other at champs?  By that I mean, do dogs who run 12" proficient compete evenly with dogs that run12" skilled?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 08:04:44 AM »
This last year we did it by dogs shoulder height, and it worked wonderfully!   So a dog that measures 17" at the shoulders will be running against dogs in that same range :)

Rosemary

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 08:54:45 AM »
Perfect!  Tahnks for the quick response.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »

Thanks
Laura & Tobi
NJ

We had to measure dogs for 2016 since we changed the groupings to be grouped by shoulder height.  Therefore it was extremely important that dogs be correctly measured into their correct wicketed groups.  We did require a measurement card so no heights could be challenged at the event.  The worst scenario is for a dog to be questioned at the event and have to redo all of the catalogs, running orders, placements and make someone jump a different height.  So, yes, we did require a height card for all dogs entered in the champs, whether in Skilled or Proficient.  It worked really great and everyone loved the new groupings used!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 03:14:59 PM »
But if we're in the "obviously over 20"" it isn't necessary is it?  Don't want to make the judges do unnecessary work...
Vicki
Vicki Storrs