Author Topic: champs requirements  (Read 6691 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: champs requirements
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 04:03:41 PM »
But if we're in the "obviously over 20"" it isn't necessary is it?  Don't want to make the judges do unnecessary work...
Vicki

No, any dog over 18" would never need to be measured.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 02:53:09 AM »

We had to measure dogs for 2016 since we changed the groupings to be grouped by shoulder height.  Therefore it was extremely important that dogs be correctly measured into their correct wicketed groups.  We did require a measurement card so no heights could be challenged at the event.  The worst scenario is for a dog to be questioned at the event and have to redo all of the catalogs, running orders, placements and make someone jump a different height.  So, yes, we did require a height card for all dogs entered in the champs, whether in Skilled or Proficient.  It worked really great and everyone loved the new groupings used!

Sharon
[/quote]

So Sharon - if we run in skilled and don't have height cards - you'd like us to get a height card before champs? ANd is the standard height card or do you need something that says EXACTLY what her height is? most of us use wickets not actual rulers

Just checking bc I have never had a dog measured as I run skilled in "everyday life"  and getting Zoe measured is going to be incredibly stressful for her so I need to start getting her used to it

Thanks
Maureen, Nika, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »
Maureen,

We're going to create a new form, which is basically a judges certification that your dog measures into a specific height.   But it doesn't require multiple signatures and it also won't require the $10 fee of a regular height card.

It will be attached along with the premium when we get it released here this month.

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »
Chris,

Do we need that even if we have a signature card?

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 09:27:16 AM »
I don't suppose a height card from another venue with a specific measurement stated on it would be accepted?
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH2/NATCH3 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy & Jedi

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »
Chris,

Do we need that even if we have a signature card?

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Height card?

If you have a height card then you're all good :)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 09:36:46 AM »
I don't suppose a height card from another venue with a specific measurement stated on it would be accepted?

I would have to run it by everyone and see what they think.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 10:57:20 AM »

No, we do not accept height measurements from other venues.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 05:41:50 AM »
Thanks Chris  - that makes it easy!
Maureen, Nika, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Bostondirtdogs07

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 07:07:17 PM »
Champs qualifications state 20 points in any level of Xhoopers....  it appears this would have to include Intro.  Can anyone confirm?

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 07:10:27 PM »
Please see the main forum for the announcement that x-hoopers is going away. The Champs requirements will be updated to say two rounds of hoopers, which could be numbered hoopers, x-hoopers earned prior to the class being merged with regular hoopers in April, or the version coming in April that does not involve gates/x-pens. It has been stated that these can be from any level.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH2/NATCH3 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy & Jedi

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 06:18:05 AM »
Please see the main forum for the announcement that x-hoopers is going away. The Champs requirements will be updated to say two rounds of hoopers, which could be numbered hoopers, x-hoopers earned prior to the class being merged with regular hoopers in April, or the version coming in April that does not involve gates/x-pens. It has been stated that these can be from any level.

Where can I find this announcement about x-hoopers going away????  I seem to have missed that.  Thanks.

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 08:08:35 AM »

Where can I find this announcement about x-hoopers going away????  I seem to have missed that.  Thanks.

Sara

It is on the forum and also on the NADAC facebook page.
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Rosemary

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »
I apologize if I'm being dim.  I have a dog who measures just about 15" at the shoulder. I have him jump 12" skilled. Do I have to jumpe him at 16" at champs? 

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 11:28:52 AM »
I know you can still enter as skilled and/or vet/VH/JH and get the height reductions you want, if you want.  So you can enter your 15" dog in proficient and jump 16", as skilled OR as vet/VH/JH and jump 12" OR as skilled AND vet/VH/JH and jump 8"
Just remember your "just about 15"" dog needs to be measured even if running in Skilled (for Champs only).  The form is on the NADAC.com website in the Champs section and I imagine it will be a lot easier if you get it done ahead of time.
Vicki Storrs
Vicki Storrs