Author Topic: champs requirements  (Read 6670 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: champs requirements
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 12:48:21 PM »
I apologize if I'm being dim.  I have a dog who measures just about 15" at the shoulder. I have him jump 12" skilled. Do I have to jumpe him at 16" at champs? 

You can jump 12" no problem!    For placements and scoring you will be competing against dogs who measure between 14" and 18".

kellycastle

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 06:17:35 AM »
I know this topic has been talked about a lot but just want to verify a qualification point.
So, my dog has a total (right now) of 95 points in Regular agility, 30 from Novice, 30 from Open and 35 from Elite if I stop right there at 95 points she will be able to enter the Pre-Elite class at Champs, correct?
She has also earned her points needed in XHoopers.
Thanks a bunch!

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 07:42:17 AM »
I know this topic has been talked about a lot but just want to verify a qualification point.
So, my dog has a total (right now) of 95 points in Regular agility, 30 from Novice, 30 from Open and 35 from Elite if I stop right there at 95 points she will be able to enter the Pre-Elite class at Champs, correct?
She has also earned her points needed in XHoopers.
Thanks a bunch!

Not exactly.  You need 100 points in Regular for the current year (Aug 1 - Aug 1) - any level.  And you can have up to 100 points in ELITE Regular over the dog's lifetime.  Just not MORE than 100 points in ELITE regular.  So no need to stop running Elite Regular until you get to 100 points. 

So assuming your current total of Regular points has been earned in this year, you still need at least another 5 regular points (any level).  And after that you can still accumulate Elite points until you reach 100 and can still enter Pre-elite.  Just don't go OVER 100 Elite points.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

MikeM

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 12:14:31 PM »
The way I read the requirements, if your dog has 100 Elite regular points it cannot enter Pre-Elite, but if it does not have 20 Chances points in Open or Elite it cannot enter Regular Champs. So if my dog has over 100 Elite regular points but not the chances points it cannot enter Champs at all? This might actually apply to one of my dogs unless I drop her from elite real soon.

Heidi Konesko

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 05:24:47 AM »
just trying to figure out if it's possible for a dog to qualify himself out of Pre elite by earning too many elite reg points during the year, thereby putting his lifetime elite reg points over 100, but still not have enough elite/open reg points earned during the current year to run in elite at champs. 
Heidi in NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 09:15:55 AM »
The way I read the requirements, if your dog has 100 Elite regular points it cannot enter Pre-Elite, but if it does not have 20 Chances points in Open or Elite it cannot enter Regular Champs. So if my dog has over 100 Elite regular points but not the chances points it cannot enter Champs at all? This might actually apply to one of my dogs unless I drop her from elite real soon.

That is correct.   Dropping her would also not help in this case as those 100 points are lifetime, not yearly.

just trying to figure out if it's possible for a dog to qualify himself out of Pre elite by earning too many elite reg points during the year, thereby putting his lifetime elite reg points over 100, but still not have enough elite/open reg points earned during the current year to run in elite at champs. 
Heidi in NH

It definitely is.  If that does happen then second chance entries would be your best bet.

MikeM

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 10:02:06 AM »
Seems odd to have a "No Dog's Land" between Regular and Pre-Elite, but I will plan accordingly. The dog in question won't be competitive at either level, so it is just a matter of having something for her to do.

Peter Vogel

• Judge
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2017, 01:41:59 PM »
In trying to qualify for a stakes entry, I noticed my dog earned Distance Challenge Q's in a couple of runs at Champs last year.  Given that the time frame is in the window this years qualifying window, can we use those Distance Challenge points to qualify for this years Challenge Stakes or Silver Stakes?
Peter Vogel

danforth

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2017, 04:19:21 PM »
Do any champs run count toward any 'normal' NADAC award or title?   Or towards life time points?

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

Peter Vogel

• Judge
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »
Isabel,

Yes - runs during CHAMPS, if they meet the criteria, can earn a 10 point "Q" in the regular class.
Peter Vogel

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2017, 06:20:19 PM »
In trying to qualify for a stakes entry, I noticed my dog earned Distance Challenge Q's in a couple of runs at Champs last year.  Given that the time frame is in the window this years qualifying window, can we use those Distance Challenge points to qualify for this years Challenge Stakes or Silver Stakes?

Yup!  Bonuses earned at champs do count towards your total for the following year.

RebeccaU

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2017, 11:07:08 AM »
Is the Height Verification form for 2017 NADAC Championships still a requirement?  I did not attend Champs in Utah last year.
Becki, Keaton and Jet

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2017, 02:16:51 PM »
Is the Height Verification form for 2017 NADAC Championships still a requirement?  I did not attend Champs in Utah last year.

It is a requirement for this year.

Unless your dog is in the 20 inch group, then it's sort of redundant and we don't need it :)   Or if you have a height card already, then we don't need it.

evlcek

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 04:09:57 PM »
As for the height measurements for champs , could we use an akc jump height card? 

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2017, 08:12:06 PM »
As for the height measurements for champs , could we use an akc jump height card? 

It's always been our policy that we don't accept other venue paperwork, since they also don't accept ours.  So we'll stick to that :)