Author Topic: Sunbury area pet-friendly hotels  (Read 3535 times)

Foomin Z

Sunbury area pet-friendly hotels
« on: January 02, 2017, 05:37:24 PM »
What's everyone been finding for hotels/motel that accept dogs near the 2017 champs site? Rates? Pet fees?

I saw there are a few Red Roofs in the Columbus area. Anyone familiar with the area? Are there neighborhoods that are not so great to stay in? I've only driven through on my way to Kings Island theme park almost 20 years ago.

giddyup

Re: Sunbury area pet-friendly hotels
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »
Following this thread!  I'm interested too!  😄

agilityaddict2

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 08:30:06 AM »
I will tell you that I have had HORRIBLE experiences in 3 different red roof  inns, They were nowhere near Ohio but I would still be very hesitant to stay at one again.

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 11:04:59 AM »
I will tell you that I have had HORRIBLE experiences in 3 different red roof  inns, They were nowhere near Ohio but I would still be very hesitant to stay at one again.

Not to argue with your experience at all because I've only stayed in 1 Red Roof Inn - in Cookeville, TN.  But that one experience was fine.  Not the nicest, fanciest motel I've ever stayed in for sure.  But it was above adequate and the price was right.  Of course I'm a frequent Motel 6 user, so obviously I'm not really picky.  Place just has to be clean and have adequate space for me and my dog to sleep.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Foomin Z

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »
It's hard to refuse a Red Roof, though, because I can get a 20% discount on my stays, due to AKC negotiating a rate with the chain.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
There is  Motel 6 about 30 minutes away too.  They don't charge any pet fee and you can get a 10% discount with the AKC code.  You can find it on the AKC website
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

agilityaddict2

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 05:13:07 PM »
I am not picky either. Stay at motel 6  frequently. Red roof was truly horrible in 3 different locations. As I said , nowhere near Ohio but I would be cautious.

danforth

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 12:02:58 PM »
I believe the closest place was Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Sunbury.   However, it is more expensive than RedRoof.

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

Foomin Z

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 06:38:44 PM »
Looks like NADAC champs weekend may also be Homecoming Weekend for Ohio State, located right in Columbus. Hotels will probably be more crowded and booking earlier than usual.

danforth

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »
Columbus is also the site of National Girl Scout convention for the weekend of Champs.

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa

giddyup

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 02:06:08 PM »
Any word yet on hotels with little or better yet no pet fee for champs?  Also, if we're sharing a room with someone, what are limits on number of dogs in room?
Thanks
Jill

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 08:15:18 AM »
Any word yet on hotels with little or better yet no pet fee for champs?  Also, if we're sharing a room with someone, what are limits on number of dogs in room?
Thanks
Jill

Motel 6 doesn't charge a pet fee.  It is usually very basic and they can vary from area to area.  They don't limit the pets either.

danforth

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 10:14:40 AM »
Red Roof does not charge a pet fee.

has anyone explored bed and breakfast places?

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »
Thanks
Jill

Motel 6 doesn't charge a pet fee.  It is usually very basic and they can vary from area to area.  They don't limit the pets either.

Is this for certain at that Motel 6.  This is NOT true at all of them, by my very recent experience.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 07:42:25 AM »
Thanks
Jill

Is this for certain at that Motel 6.  This is NOT true at all of them, by my very recent experience.

I honestly didn't check.  Their "official pet policy" on their website states 2 dogs and some municipalities don't allow it, but I have never had an issue with more.  I guess I will have to call them.