Author Topic: Come Join the Fun this week at Sunnybrook Farms, Canby OR  (Read 2052 times)

Arlene Courtney

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
We will be having an entire week of training and trialing fun at the NADAC site in Canby Oregon.  We wil be offering week-night VT courses and training run-throughs on Wednesday and Thursday (July 11 & 12) and Monday and Tuesday July 16 & 17).  If you wish to participate in the VT program, bring your camera, and we can do the video taping for you. The cost is $5 for the run. You can then submit your run to NADAC for earning titling points. There is a $5 fee to NADAC for the VT judging review that you pay upon submission of your video.

Want to work on those pesky start lines, contacts or your teamwork? You may use the VT courses as training run throughs. If you would like some some coaching, Sharon will be available to provide feedback. This will be done on a request only basis at $5 per run. If you don't want coaching, you can just do your own thing.  Come join us for some training in a "trial-like" environment!  We will do jumpers on one night and are open for suggestions of what other classes and levels you would like to run. For those of you who would like jumpers runs, what night would you prefer? If you have a particular class you would like to run and a particular night you can come out, email me at courtna10@aol.com, and I will try to accomodate your requests on a first come-first served basis.  Our evening fun and games will begin at 6 pm each evening.

On Friday July 13 we will be holding a day of non-jumping specialty classes.  The order of the classes will be Touch N Go (Round 1 & 2), Weavers (Round 1 & 2) and Tunnelers (Round 1 & 2).  The first walk through (Touch N Go) will be for all levels (elite, open, novice) and will begin at 8 am.  At the conclusion of the trial, we will be doing Beginner Agility Testing for both levels 1 & 2.  This is a great way to start your young dogs and also fun for your seasoned and retired dogs.  The testing will begin after the trial.  We will offer another round starting at 3 pm for those of you who are unable to make the trial. Come join us and make Friday the thirteenth your lucky day!

On Saturday and Sunday we will be offering a trial with hoopers and the jumping classes.  The order of the classes will be:

Saturday:  Numbered Hoopers, Chances 1 & 2, Regular 1 & 2
Sunday: Jumpers 1 & 2, Regular 1 & 2, Numbered Hoopers

After the trial each day, we will shift gears and have a single class EGC trial.  On Saturday come try out the new and exciting Extreme Barrel Racing.  It is a ground event great for the young, the old and everyone in between.  If your dog can run around a tree, chair or anything else, you can do barrel racing!   There will be two rounds of barrel racing.  On Sunday we will have two rounds of Extreme Gaters.  This is another ground event using obstacles such as tunnels and gates.  Again, this is a great game for any age dog and handler. 

If you have not pre-entered the trials, not to worry.  We are taking day-of-trial entries.

On Saturday we will celebrate summer with a BBQ potluck.  I will provide a BBQ meat, and you can bring an appetite and something to share.  The people in the NW are known for their fabulous culinary skills so this is a meal you don't want to miss! 

I am looking forward to a fun-filled week with friends, good food and the best agility around.  I hope you can make it too.

Here is some additional information about the upcoming events at Sunnybrook Farms. On Friday July 13, there will be both level 1&2 Beginner Agility Tests directly following the completion of the day's trial. For anyone who can't make the trial, we will have another round of BA testing starting at 3 pm.

We will be offering week-night VT courses and training run-throughs on Wednesday and Thursday (July 11 & 12) and Monday and Tuesday (July 16 & 17). If you wish to participate in the VT program, bring your camera, and we can do the video taping for you. The cost is $5 for the run. You can then submit your run to NADAC for earning titling points. There is a $5 fee to NADAC for the VT judging review that you pay upon submission of your video. We will do jumpers on one night and are open for suggestions of what other classes and levels you would like to run. For those of you who would like jumpers runs, what night would you prefer? If you have a particular class you would like to run and a particular night you can come out, email me at courtna10@aol.com, and I will try to accomodate your requests on a first come-first served basis.

Want to work on those pesky start lines, contacts or your teamwork? You may use the courses for training run throughs. If you would like some some coaching, Sharon will be available to provide feedback. This will be done on a request only basis at $5 per run. Come join us for some training in a "trial-like" environment!

We will be accepting day-of-trial entries for all events on the weekend. I hope you can make it.

Arlene
Arlene

Arlene Courtney

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Come Join the Fun this week at Sunnybrook Farms, Canby OR
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 09:19:01 AM »
Need a chance to work those contact performances?  Want a chance to earn points in Touch N Go?  We will be setting VT Touch N Go on Wednesday July 11 at the NADAC site, Sunnybrook Farms, near Canby Oregon.  We can tape you if you wish to earn qualifying points, or you can use the course for training run-throughs.  If we get a good group of people, it will simulate a real trial experience allowing you to work those pesky start lines and contacts!  Like a traditional trial, no food or toys will be allowed in the actual trial ring that is not in a sealed container.

Bring your inexperienced dogs, your old dogs and your in their prime dogs.  Touch N Go is perfect for all of them!

Arlene
Arlene