Author Topic: Upcoming changes to Hoopers and X-hoopers  (Read 17283 times)

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Upcoming changes to Hoopers and X-hoopers
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2017, 01:15:31 PM »
I had an initial post about combining the Hoopers and XHP classes.  I can see the the number of Qs over time is a big driver.  And I will admit, seeing somewhat green handlers trying to run XHP with dogs who just do not understand the circle made me cringe a  few times.  But if we get the option to run the circle with the distance restriction we had without X-pens or gates, that is going to be awesome!!  It doesn't do away with the need to train with X-pens or gates.  I was having some problems the first time I was working the X patterns.  Got so frustrated I took away the gates!  Then I realized the gates made the task easier for the dogs.  So, once I have beat this pesky little bug, out come the X-pens and we go to a new level of training.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2017, 09:19:51 PM »
The poll was mentioned in this thread earlier and in the third change video :)
Perhaps a solution can be to start a new thread for polls so it doesnt get burried in conversation?

I do use fb and their algorithm makes things i want to see hide so i understand missing it there! Facebook is nice...but heckufannoying lately with not showing me things from pages Im set to follow!

Edit to add: another suggestion forumwise - most forums Im on have subsection that is at the top for official announcements only, set up often so only moderator/admins can start threads. Perhaps this forum couod benifit from that style so threads like this dont get burried in General or folks who come here just for announcements can easily find them all together.

I really like that idea!    Although I think we will implement it in a little different way.

We've mentioned in a few different videos and topics that we're trying to keep the forum as a good discussion area.  But we would like more of the day to day info to be retrieved from the nadac.com site.  Which is why this years top ten went directly to there, the rule changes page.

I think we will make a tab on the main website for announcements.  That way people can see it nice and easy :)

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2017, 03:02:54 AM »
The poll was mentioned in this thread earlier and in the third change video :)
Perhaps a solution can be to start a new thread for polls so it doesnt get burried in conversation?

I do use fb and their algorithm makes things i want to see hide so i understand missing it there! Facebook is nice...but heckufannoying lately with not showing me things from pages Im set to follow!

Edit to add: another suggestion forumwise - most forums Im on have subsection that is at the top for official announcements only, set up often so only moderator/admins can start threads. Perhaps this forum couod benifit from that style so threads like this dont get burried in General or folks who come here just for announcements can easily find them all together.

I really like that idea!    Although I think we will implement it in a little different way.

We've mentioned in a few different videos and topics that we're trying to keep the forum as a good discussion area.  But we would like more of the day to day info to be retrieved from the nadac.com site.  Which is why this years top ten went directly to there, the rule changes page.

I think we will make a tab on the main website for announcements.  That way people can see it nice and easy :)

Could we also have a link at the top on this forum to the nada.com website?
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

RobertStewart

« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2017, 04:02:42 AM »
Can't say i'm sad to see it go. even though i haven't done much of X-hoopers i've seen far too many dogs face planting in the surrounding gates. I really thought it was very unsafe, but then my favorite version of hoopers was strategic hooopers, It's by far, to me at least, the most fun version. 
Robert Stewart

NATCH-11, V-NATCH-10, AA-NATCH, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, VVD  Rocket Man

NATCH-4, V-NATCH 4, MACH, PDCH/LAA - Bronze, Ellie

NATCH Sidheag, MXP2, MXJP2,  MFP, APD

Wynndzor, NCC, NAC, TGN, S-TN-E, O-WV-O, AX, AXJ, AXF,

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2017, 06:17:09 AM »
It's a great idea to have one place to post the important changes and announcements.  However, I would like to request that a post be put on the Forum when any of the changes or announcements are put on the website.  I don't think many people check the website on a regular basis, but they do check the Forum at least once a day.  Also, why is the Rule Change List Tab under Title and Awards and not under the Rules & FAQ section???  Just curious. 

Another thought, when any change or announcement is posted to the website, could the posting date be included.  I know the effective date of a change is on there, but it would also be nice to know the order of changes as they are posted.  Thanks.

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2017, 07:00:50 AM »
It's a great idea to have one place to post the important changes and announcements.  However, I would like to request that a post be put on the Forum when any of the changes or announcements are put on the website.  I don't think many people check the website on a regular basis, but they do check the Forum at least once a day.  Also, why is the Rule Change List Tab under Title and Awards and not under the Rules & FAQ section???  Just curious. 

Another thought, when any change or announcement is posted to the website, could the posting date be included.  I know the effective date of a change is on there, but it would also be nice to know the order of changes as they are posted.  Thanks.

Sara

Can do :)

We just added a announcement tab to the website.  Just have to get the announcement page made.  Shouldn't take long :)

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2017, 07:50:30 AM »
Awesome! An announcement tab at the top here that takes to the same page as from main site sounds perfect, thanks! I like Saras idea of post date too to help make logica order sense of reading them.

Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »
Chris, Thanks so much!!!!

Sara
The Bridge Creek Boys

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2017, 02:09:07 PM »
Just checked out the Announcements Tab on the website and it is SUPER!!!!!  Again, thanks so much for doing this, Chris. 

Sara
The Bridge Creek Boys

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »
Just checked out the Announcements Tab on the website and it is SUPER!!!!!  Again, thanks so much for doing this, Chris. 

Sara
LOVE  the announcement tab!  Thanks, Chris!
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Margaret MacEwen

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »
I am SO, SO disappointed that X-Hoopers will be going away!  My favorite class EVER! Numbered Hoopers just happens to be my least favorite even though I mostly use hoops to train.   I was hoping that IF a change was going to happen it would be that the gates/pens go away, but that everything else would remain.  Now THAT would be a very cool handling challenge.  I feel that opportunities for those of us who still want a challenge, but are not ready for bonus boxes are going away.  I know I can run the Hoopers course anyway I want, but that is not the same thing. 

So...I am wondering if NADAC would consider a bonus option for Hoopers that would include a bonus line on the near side of the hoop circle?  I didn't take the time to read every post on the subject to see if that was considered. Also  I was really looking forward to the regular course going into a "real" hoop circle at Champs in 2017!!!  Darn, darn, darn.

I know it's not all about me, but I know there are many people like me that are in the "middle" (don't need to run next to our dog, but not ready for bonus boxes either). 

I don't envy the decisions you have to make, but I do need to share my disappointment.

Margaret MacEwen
Tempe Wick, Crew and Jersey

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2017, 08:58:01 PM »
Margaret go watch video 3 in announcements tab. What you wish is already the popular answer. There is a poll out too right now for the bonus of doing from outside the circle. :)
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

LyndaB

« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2017, 06:26:03 AM »
I just saw the announcements tab, and I think it's a great idea!  I had one question about the new change...

It says the classes will combine as of April 1.  We have 2 Funraisers scheduled in Vegas, one in late March and one in early April, with X-Hoopers on the premium.  Will the first have gates and the second not?  Or will there be no gates for either trial?  I'm asking because my pup freaks out about being behind an X-pen (I'm guessing something happened in his past before we rescued him), so I wasn't going to enter the class.  But if there won't be a physical circle, we'll probably try it again.

Thanks!

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2017, 07:42:18 AM »
We need to update the premium, but the march trial will have gates, April will not have the gates :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

LyndaB

« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2017, 08:18:47 AM »
Thanks!  We'll be sure and enter the hoopers in April!

-Lynda and Tycho