Author Topic: Combined Hoopers informational videos  (Read 5004 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Combined Hoopers informational videos
« on: January 31, 2017, 07:51:11 AM »
Can all be found here:

Video #1:

Video #2

Video #3

Cliff Notes version:

April 1st XHoopers and Hoopers will be combining.

Gates and X-Pens will be going away.

Course design will follow X-Hoopers with added challenges

Points will combine for both classes.   This only combines per level.   Elite combines with Elite, Open combines with Open, so on and so on.

Karen Birdsong

Re: Combined Hoopers informational videos
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:35:27 AM »
It has been posted that Combined Hoopers start April 1st.  Our club has a trial April 29-30, 2017.  I'm about ready to send in the Premium for approval.  The drat has X-Hoopers. 

Questions....
    1.  Should this be changed to "Hoopers", "Combined Hoopers" or what?
    2.   Is there an standardized, brief explaination to put in the Premium so folks understand the new format?
    3.  I understand points are moving straight across...Open Hoopers and Open XHoopers combine into Open Hoopers...etc.  How does one enter this new Hoopers if, for example....The dog is in Elite in Strategic Hoopers and Novice in XHoopers.  May they enter at Elite?
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »
One more question....
  Do we use XHoopers in the FAST program to score.....then i might be mute as Paul and Jack may have a new version of FAST out before then.
Karen Birdsong,

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 01:31:21 PM »
It has been posted that Combined Hoopers start April 1st.  Our club has a trial April 29-30, 2017.  I'm about ready to send in the Premium for approval.  The drat has X-Hoopers. 

Questions....
    2.   Is there an standardized, brief explaination to put in the Premium so folks understand the new format?
    3.  I understand points are moving straight across...Open Hoopers and Open XHoopers combine into Open Hoopers...etc.  How does one enter this new Hoopers if, for example....The dog is in Elite in Strategic Hoopers and Novice in XHoopers.  May they enter at Elite?

Questions....

1) Since you haven't sent a premium in yet I would suggest just putting Hoopers.

2) I'll bet we can get something made!

3) They may enter into Elite.  Whatever the highest level they have across the two current classes can be their new highest level.

4) Paul and Jack are amazing and have actually been working on the update.  So they'll have a new update going out that will take care of it all :)

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »
Thanks Chris.  Sorry I thought I had read all the posts and watched all the videos on the new Hoopers.... but being a bad Trial Secretary I seemed to have missed the Jan 31 posts in the Trial Secretary section...you can send me to my kennel.  So sorry. 

X-Hoopers is big in our area, sometimes larger than tunnelers.  If we don't get rained out this weekend, we'll have a brief moment of silence before we run XHoopers for the last time.  Then we'll give the group a brief bit on the new format that will offer in April.   Thanks again.   ;)
Karen Birdsong,

lorriemaxx

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »
If we have a dog in Elite Hoopers and Open X-Hoopers, and there is a trial this weekend that is offering X-Hoopers, I would assume that we would run at the Open level.  Is that correct?
Lorrie,
NATCH-13, Versatility NATCH-9, 10K points, Platinum Speed Star Maxx (2001 - 2018)
and
NATCH-6, Versatility NATCH-4 Flying Pixie Dust "Pixie"

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 06:06:00 PM »
If we have a dog in Elite Hoopers and Open X-Hoopers, and there is a trial this weekend that is offering X-Hoopers, I would assume that we would run at the Open level.  Is that correct?

With the change happening so soon, and the points combining.  I would actual be okay with folks entering at a higher level, IF the higher level corresponds to where they are in Numbered Hoopers.

So if I was in Novice X-Hoopers, and Open Numbered Hoopers I could enter Open X-Hoopers and I won't go after anyone.
If that same person entered Elite X-Hoopers there would be a monday morning email :)

lorriemaxx

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 06:10:47 PM »
Thanks Chris,

We don't get to run it very often here, so I would love to be able to enter at the higher level.  With 40 points in Elite Hoopers, I'm betting I won't get a Monday email, lol.

Lorrie (and Pixie, of course!)
Lorrie,
NATCH-13, Versatility NATCH-9, 10K points, Platinum Speed Star Maxx (2001 - 2018)
and

Amy McGovern

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 07:20:21 PM »
Chris, will you offer that for the trial this weekend?  Because I have at least one to move up, if so :)

-Amy and the schnauzers
Amy and the schnauzers

Fran

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 08:00:57 AM »
my situation is that I have my Open Hoopers  with 80 points. Last weekend we earned our first two Open X-Hoopers legs. When combined that means I have my Superior in Open Hoopers, but do not yet have an open x-hoopers title (30 points). Can I enter Elite x-hoopers at the next trial?

Fran Stanford

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
my situation is that I have my Open Hoopers  with 80 points. Last weekend we earned our first two Open X-Hoopers legs. When combined that means I have my Superior in Open Hoopers, but do not yet have an open x-hoopers title (30 points). Can I enter Elite x-hoopers at the next trial?

Fran Stanford
You can Fran.  We won't come after you since thr classes are combining anyway :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mygsds

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 10:24:38 AM »
So if I have 20 points in Open Hoopers and 20 in Open X Hoopers, as of April 1 she will have 40 points in Open and her Open Hoopers title, so we will be in Elite at next trial?
Pat

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »
Can we see a map of one of the new courses with whatever bonus lines come with it so we can plan ahead for our April trialing?

I am not sure from all the dialog if there will be distance lines or not?   Can you clarify?

Thanks.

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

lorriemaxx

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 04:44:57 PM »
Thanks Chris,

Pixie nailed both of the Elite X-Hoopers runs this weekend :).  I'm sad that it is going away, even though it is a pain in the rear to build when we are attaching hoops to X-pens with little strips of velcro  ;).  We will just "pretend" they are still there so it's still a fun distance challenge.  I was a little apprehensive before I played it at Champs this past year, so I totally understand people's fears, but it really is a fun game once the dog gets it.
Lorrie,
and

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 01:24:25 PM »
When hoopers are combined, with the points spreadsheets no longer separate the older points and titles earned?

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa