Author Topic: A couple Questions on Champions  (Read 767 times)

papillonlover123

A couple Questions on Champions
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:37:03 PM »
Hi,
Can a junior handler do pre-elite?
Are these the requirements to participate?
Pre Elite
  *100 lifetime points, any class, any level
  *100 points in Regular, any level (if you earn more than 100 in elite regular, you must enter elite, not pre elite)
  *20 point in X-Hoopers and level

Could you send me the premium?
What days is the pre-elite classes on?

Thanks so much!!

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
Re: A couple Questions on Champions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
Hi,
Can a junior handler do pre-elite?
Are these the requirements to participate?
Pre Elite
  *100 lifetime points, any class, any level
  *100 points in Regular, any level (if you earn more than 100 in elite regular, you must enter elite, not pre elite)
  *20 point in X-Hoopers and level

Could you send me the premium?
What days is the pre-elite classes on?

Thanks so much!!

Pre-elite is run simultaneously with "regular" elite champs runs.  They are simply in a separate group.  Just like other different groupings - by height, double digit, vet, etc.  So they run on Thursday through Sunday morning just like everyone else. 

I don't think the actual premium is out yet.  But when it is it will be on the nadac.com website.
Marcy, Toby, Abby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: A couple Questions on Champions
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 04:53:03 PM »
It looks like we have a junior handler itching to come to Champs. Good for you!! You will have a GREAT time.  Champs doesn't run like a regular trial.  There are two rounds on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, then one round on Sunday.  The second round on Sunday is Finals and is only for the top third of the entries in each catagory, while the rest of us watch and cheer.  And then that is followed by the awards ceremony.  There are 3 divisions--the Stakes (big distance handling) group, Regular Champs and Pre-elite. On the NADAC.com website, under events, it lists what a dog needs to qualify for each of those divisions.  When the actual premium comes out it will be located there, too. IF Champs doesn't fill, there is a "second chance" entry after the official closing date for people who may not have had all the points they needed to enter "first chance."
Within the Regular and Pre-elite divisions will be the other usual breakdowns, by height and vet/junior plus Champs offers a "double digit" catagory for dogs 10 and older.  The only thing is, there needs to be a certain amount of entrants to break out as a certain catagory.  For instance, I ran a 4" veteran dog at Champs in 2015. However there weren't enough dogs in that specific catagory to justify our own group, so we were lumped together with the 8"  veteran dogs. So that is why juniors may not have their own separate group. 
Just as additional info.  There is one big walk thru in the morning (by groups) Then everybody runs, then the course is reset, another big walk thru and everybody runs.  So you might walk the course at 7 a.m and not run until noon or even later. I think that being able to sit in the stands and watch the runs, from "above," helps me keep the course in my mind.  Plus watching is just lots of fun! 
Good luck and hope we see you there!
Vicki
Vicki Storrs