Author Topic: Stall Sharing / Find a Friend  (Read 2227 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Stall Sharing / Find a Friend
« on: February 12, 2017, 01:06:35 PM »
Hey Everybody,

So Apparently I'm really bad at relaxing.  So getting some work done while everyone is asleep :)

Anyway.   The Crating area reservations were insanely popular, we completely booked out in less than 16 hours of announcing it.  Which is crazy to me.

Now I want to address the issue which I know is going to come up of "I didn't see it early enough, now what am I supposed to do?"

Since the stalls are so much more expensive this year then past what I would suggest is finding someone to split a stall with.   $60ish for the whole week is a lot more palatable than $125.

So I would suggest using this thread to do that!    Post in here if you would like to share a stall.   Or find someone who has already posted and get into contact with them and say you would love to share a stall for the week.

My suggestions for what to post to ensure you have a fun week:

Your dogs size, energy level, noise level and if they have any aggression issues with other dogs.  Be honest here too, will save you a lot of grief later on.

So post away!

sara.joellenbeck

Re: Stall Sharing / Find a Friend
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:26:25 PM »
Any idea on the dimensions of the stalls?  I had to work this weekend, so I had no chance to reserve crating space in the free areas.  Only have 2 dogs and would prefer to avoid having to pay $125 for a whole stall to myself.

sara.joellenbeck

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:44:16 PM »
Also....do you have to pay upfront when you reserve the stall?  I saw the map online of what stalls are left....would prefer to reserve sooner than later.  However, if I reserve one, and then later find a buddy to share with who already reserved, is there the option to cancel/be refunded if we do so by a certain date?  Thanks

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:53:18 AM »
Also....do you have to pay upfront when you reserve the stall?  I saw the map online of what stalls are left....would prefer to reserve sooner than later.  However, if I reserve one, and then later find a buddy to share with who already reserved, is there the option to cancel/be refunded if we do so by a certain date?  Thanks

Definitely an option to get refunded if you end up sharing!

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • Agility Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »
I think if you are sharing, a person would collect the other half from the person upon arrival or make other payment arrangements prior? Less headaches for the NADAC office to deal with. 
Marj Vincent
Volt, Scotty & Java

Life's motto: "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!"

Billie Rosen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »
I am really depressed that the crating areas were reserved so quickly.  If anyone with a crating space cancels, if you could let me know, I would definitely be interested.  Meanwhile, as a backup, I would like to share a stall.  I have two small dogs that are quiet in their crates and definitely prefer other quiet dogs.  We would have to share with someone who keeps their dogs in crates rather than lets them loose in the stalls, as my dogs aren't very social with other dogs (but they love people).  I have a mat and table I can bring to share for the stall. 
Billie Rosen    agilek9s@q.com
Kruz'n (Border Terrier)  NATCH 28, Vers. NATCH 14
Klev'r (Border Terrier)  NATCH 11, Vers. NATCH 9
Book'n (Border Terrier)  working on 1st NATCH

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 02:20:57 PM »
I am really depressed that the crating areas were reserved so quickly.  If anyone with a crating space cancels, if you could let me know, I would definitely be interested.  Meanwhile, as a backup, I would like to share a stall.  I have two small dogs that are quiet in their crates and definitely prefer other quiet dogs.  We would have to share with someone who keeps their dogs in crates rather than lets them loose in the stalls, as my dogs aren't very social with other dogs (but they love people).  I have a mat and table I can bring to share for the stall. 

Absolutely!   I am hoping when I get to the facility this summer that I can measure some things and possibly add in some more crating space.  The spots that are out there right now are what I felt comfortable with having not seen the space first hand.

If there does end up being more space I will open those up to Veteran handlers and disabled handlers first, and then if anything if still left I'll open them to everyone else.   So if we end up with more space you will be able to get in :)

Billie Rosen

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »
Chris, thank you so much.  I will watch for news of your trip east!!!!
Billie Rosen    agilek9s@q.com
Kruz'n (Border Terrier)  NATCH 28, Vers. NATCH 14
Klev'r (Border Terrier)  NATCH 11, Vers. NATCH 9
Book'n (Border Terrier)  working on 1st NATCH

Laura Anne Welch

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 08:30:12 AM »
Can we go ahead and let you know that we are veteran/disabled handlers, or do you want to wait until you know what the space is like?

bhodges865

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 04:41:57 AM »
I just found out about the "open arena" being reservable.  Would anyone have space for a 32" crate?  For the most part, I'll be keeping my pup in the rv, but in case I need to throw her in a crate, it would be helpful to have something a little closer by.  Rami is surprising quiet while crated.  Loves other dogs.  Please let me know if you can help some gals out!!
Team TX Heeler
Knoxville, TN

danforth

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 11:53:15 PM »
Will there be lighting in stalls?  Will it be enough to read by, or should we bring a lamp?

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa