Author Topic: RV / Camping Questions  (Read 1709 times)

Ed and Dino

RV / Camping Questions
« on: February 12, 2017, 08:00:59 PM »
I have a number of questions about RV camping. If any can be answered I would appreciate it.
The plan is to come to the Pre-Trial with a dog to run and then either have a dog in Pre-Elite Champs or to volunteer a bit.

For the $125 RV fee, what dates will you be able to camp at the Eden Park?
(Pre-Trial and Champs?)

RV is a general term, we have a pop-up camper without a bathroom / shower. Electric is still a requirement.
Is there Electric?

Are there bathrooms near the various campsite areas?
The Eden park website is less than helpful in regards to details.
If I'm in a campsite at Eden and need to go in the middle of the night how far do I need to walk?

Are there Human showers?
Eden website talks about horse stall showers and although I've been called certain horse parts I am not a horse.
I've read a few peoples' posts saying there are no showers, this strikes me as strange. You can shower your horse but not yourself. I do not recall reading a NADAC person saying there are no human showers.

I do not want to reserve a campsite and pay the $125 if it is not going to work for us.
I see other camping areas not that far away but would need to make a reservation for them and they may be more costly.

I can wait a bit on making the RV reservation with NADAC for Eden but if it is satisfactory I would hate to miss out.
Currently your info shows 58 RV spots are available for reservation.
I am assuming this is all there is plus ones already reserved by attendees.
Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: RV / Camping Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 08:06:56 PM »
1) You can come in on Monday and stay til the following Monday.   Any days past that will be either $20 or $25 per day, can't remember right now.

2) There is electric and water.  No sewer dump, but there are bathrooms on site.   No shower on site.

3) I will shoot them an email asking for more specifics on the bathroom locations.  I was just told there was plenty :)

4) No human showers that I have been informed of, but I will triple check that too

5) Looks like we currently have 57 RV spots left.  All of Campsite 'A' is reserved already.

I do have a little cushion built into all my numbers.  I don't like to get someplace and run out of room.  So if disaster strikes there is more space available in a lot of areas.  But I don't foresee us needing it :)

Heidi Konesko

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:59:46 AM »
Thanks for triple checking on the human showers!
Not sure I'm coming, but that would be part of the equation with my camper too.
Thanks, -Heidi in NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 06:22:24 AM »
If they don't have showers it would be possible to bring in a portable shower unit.   It would just cost a good chunk of change so we might have to take up a collection!   

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 04:25:16 PM »
Suggestion:  "Pin" this post at the top!
Some of us will remember in a few months that these things were discussed, but won't be able to find it....

Many thanks for alllllll the Champs info so far!

diane

Ed and Dino

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 06:26:07 PM »
Thanks for your answers. I understand you are doing your best without ever having been to the facility.

If they don't have showers it would be possible to bring in a portable shower unit.   It would just cost a good chunk of change so we might have to take up a collection!   

In regards to showers, there is a Pilot Travel Center about 9 minutes away with 5 showers, I believe they charge anywhere from $10 to $20 for a shower. In general they are used by truck drivers but I think anyone can use them. But that is a pain to drive just to go take a shower.

Morristown, NJ

Ed and Dino

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »
This is just an FYI to others with RVs without showers or tenting campers.

There is a Ohio State park not that far from Championships, Alum Creek State Park.
http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/alumcreek

You cannot reserve more than six months out. At this point we are leaning to going to Championship site with our trailer.

BUT I thought I'd share a bit of my research for other possibilities.
Morristown, NJ

Rosemary

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 04:49:53 AM »
Since there is no dump on site have you decided if a truck will be hired to come in part way through the week?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 08:52:44 AM »
Yes there will definitely be a truck coming mid week to empty everyone :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mygsds

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »
Chris how will RV spaces be assigned - ahead or first come basis.  Asking as my husband has a knee problem and I don't need him walking too far.
Thanks
Pat

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 06:34:07 PM »
When you reserved your 'area' that is step one.    So let's say your in Campground A.

Around the middle of September I will be sending out an email to everyone who reserved spots, and the folks who have a legitimate reason to be closer will be given the closest spots.  And then after that it will be first come first served. 

It shouldn't make a huge difference as the closest and farthest spots in each campground is only going to be a difference of about 300 feet or less.

mygsds

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 04:07:29 PM »
Thanks Chris..good to know :))

Pat