Author Topic: Palomar Agility Club Feb 2017 Trial  (Read 557 times)

DeafSheltieMom

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • Course builder
Palomar Agility Club Feb 2017 Trial
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »
A GINORMOUS Thank You to everyone who made this trial happen!  For those of you who don't know, we are a tiny club in Southern California.  We held our trial in Lake Wohlford, CA in the middle of the storm of the year.  Very hardy and beautifully generous folks all made this one of the most memorable trial ever.  We were fortunate the worst of the storm passed Friday night/Saturday morning, but we still had leftover residual rain and cold to deal with.  Fortunately, the winds were minimal, the grounds drained well, and we were still able to safely run our dogs.

Big Thank Yous to:

-Judge Arlene Courtney from Portland, OR, who tried her darnedest to get down here, but practically every flight into the southern half of California was cancelled.  We all missed you.
-Judge Murrelet Halterman, who fortunately for us was coming down here to compete, and stepped in beautifully as our substitute judge.  Her smiles and happy demeanor brought sunshine to our very soggy trial.
-Becky Woodruff, Karen Birdsong and Janemarie Watchorn who desperately sought out an emergency judge for our trial and made it work for everyone.
-My committee:  Karen, Kristina, Kyle, Donna, Bea, Ronni, Janemarie, Anne, Pete...  you all know how much I appreciate everything you did, and you did it all with great enthusiasm.  You all supported me through my first attempt to trial chair, and I could not have done it without you.
-Our competitors, who all made a very tenuous situation fabulous.  You all came, even though the weather said you were nuts.  You all stepped in to work when it was wet and cold.  You brought smiles and great fun for your dogs, even though some of them thought you were crazy. 
-Our dogs, who came to play regardless of the weather.  Your antics in the rain made it all worthwhile!

A special congratulations to Linda Benardo and Dakota, who earned her Versatility NATCH in a beautiful Touch N Go run!  I'm sorry you didn't get a celebration run, but I think both you and Dakota wanted to get out of the rain!  We'll make it up to you at our April trial... without rain (knock wood!)

PAC hopes to see you all at our next trial April 29-30, 2017, at Agape Ranch Dog Sports (ARDS) in Lake Wohlford, CA.  Hopefully without the drama...

I'm gonna go take a nap now...
-Dayle Shimamura, Trial Chair

-Dayle Shimamura
 Mom to Alva, Hutch and Tesla

Becky Woodruff

• Judge
Re: Palomar Agility Club Feb 2017 Trial
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »
Well done Palomar, Well Done!

Becky
Becky Woodruff

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
Re: Palomar Agility Club Feb 2017 Trial
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 02:14:47 PM »
Huge kudos to Palomar Agility Club and NADAC for making this trial happen!

It was an exceptional demonstration of what a small, determined, and hardy group can do. The trial was great, the food was excellent, and it all ran amazingly smoothly.  The dogs definitely responded to the weather - many of them took the exhortation to "Have Fun" to heart! There was a lot of laughter over the weekend. This was the true embodiment of a club and competitors pulling together to have fun with  furry, and just slightly soggy, friends!

As Becky said, Well Done, PAC!

Murrelet
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large