General > Forum guide *Read for tips and tricks*

Having problems? Read this first!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Yvette Cook:
Hi All,
For those that are used to having the emails sent to you, I thought I would let you know how to get the notifications via email.  If you want to be notified of a "new topic" simply go to the General Discussion main page and click on "notify" and this will now send you a message via email of the message/topic.  If there is a current topic, and you want to be notified of those posts, go into that topic and select "notify" for the messages to be emailed.  You will have to go into each one if you want that particular notification.  You have the option at any time to be Unnotified of the messages.

I tested this under the General Discussion and the EGC General Discussion sections. The messages will come through as coming from Chris "CJ" Nelson and signed by The NADAC Agility Team, not by the user that posted message. To see that, simply log into the form.

Hope you find this information helpful!
Yvette  :D
Phoenix, AZ

Debi Hutchinson:
Hey Chris,
I've read all these posts and watched the video. Good job BTW.
The question I have is this. Do I actually have to search through this forum and choose each topic I want sent through my email. Do I have to mark each one NOTIFY individually.Is there no way to just have all discussion sent through my email as with the Yahoo group?
Thanks for all the work you are doing on this.
Debi

Chris Nelson:
I believe when you click notify on the board it should notify you of any new activity.

If it doesn't try this:

Under account settings, then notifications,  Where it says "for topics and board I have requested notification on, notify me of:"   And change that to 'replies and moderation'.

I believe that will then send an email telling you every time there is a new topic, and also a reply to that topic.   Regardless if you have actually subscribed to it individually.

I will play with it today to be 100% sure.

Shirley Wallace:
Hi Chris,
So how do we post  something without using the "reply" icon?  I tried sending a post under the "My Messages" heading, but it wouldn't go anywhere. 
And thanks for all your work and help.  Once I get it all figured out, I think it will be more efficient.
Shirley Wallace

Chris Nelson:

--- Quote from: Shirley Wallace on April 11, 2012, 06:14:28 PM ---Hi Chris,
So how do we post  something without using the "reply" icon?  I tried sending a post under the "My Messages" heading, but it wouldn't go anywhere. 
And thanks for all your work and help.  Once I get it all figured out, I think it will be more efficient.
Shirley Wallace

--- End quote ---

You are wanting to start a new topic?   If that's the case there is a button that says new topic on the top right of the board :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version