Author Topic: Best shoes for running on grass  (Read 1603 times)

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Best shoes for running on grass
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:06:30 AM »
For a long time in the Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia area, most agility trials were run indoors on dirt.  There are now options for running on grass.  My feet and knees have made it very clear that grass is their preference!

While I have good shoes for dirt surfaces, their traction on damp/wet grass leaves something to be desired.  So, from those of you who run mostly on grass, what are some good shoes to pick from.  I did have some Ditta's about 15 years ago.  They ran fine but if not running were not so good for just having on (esp when walking on concrete).

Thanks
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, Walker & the shadow

philwala

Re: Best shoes for running on grass
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 07:13:22 AM »
For running on grass, I like my Saucony Xodus 6.0 GTX (comes in men's and women's versions).  Good grip on wet grass, and the Gore-Tex lining keeps my feet dry.  And Saucony is one of the few brands that give me the little bit of extra toe room that I need.
Phil Wala
NATCH Skeeter, Booster

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:30:17 AM »
I second the Sauconys!   I love love love them and they are great for grass.  The pair I got are waterproof as well and unfortunately I have had to test the waterproofness and yes it works.   ;D
Mary P.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »
I have always bought trail shoes for all surfaces.  I've bought several brands including Columbia, Asolo, etc.  They are usually water proof as well.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Lynne Almeida

• Owner - Spellbinder Books
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 02:57:07 PM »
I've also gone with trail shoes for the extra traction ... I have wide feet and have found inov8 and Altra to be two comfortable brands for me.
work it ... own it ... believe it!

gm5bkc

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 07:48:03 AM »
You might want to try Asics Gel Venture 5 trail running shoes.  They are nice on wet grass, they have a waterproof liner.  The gel in the heels is a nice cushion.  They are usually about $55 or less.

Glenn
Glenn, Merri, Hildie IJC, WV-I
and V-NATCH Katie, HP-O

http://www.hoopsandjumps.com/
http://funagility.webs.com/

Karl Schulzki

• Judge
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 04:24:03 PM »
I use Adidas soccer cleats.  A carry-over from several years as soccer player.  I wouldn't recommend them if you have a dog who runs really close to you as stepping on a paw with cleats would be more painful than regular shoes.  But for traction I haven't found anything better on wet grass or lightly packed dirt.  Also very water resistant; I've had several days where the only part of me close to dry are my feet.

Janice_Shavor

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 01:21:56 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  I have my list and will try some on next week.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, Walker & the shadow

Bazzell@46

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 01:47:42 AM »
Happy to know about these running shoes. I have bought Nike running shoes and happy with their comfort. Want to have now Carbon38 sports bras as my friend bought for herself and very happy with their experience. Want to avail to a good online store to buy them.

Tammy Lenski

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »
I've had very good luck with inov-8 x-talon 200s, which are terrific both on grass (wet or dry) and artificial turf. If you like a lot of padding they're probably not for you, but if you like a zero-drop minimalist shoe, they're terrific -- like wearing nothing. I forget I have shoes on.
Tammy, Missy & Chica
Peterborough, NH