Author Topic: Stalls at chAmps and height card  (Read 700 times)

evlcek

Stalls at chAmps and height card
« on: April 26, 2017, 06:13:16 PM »
1st since the diagram for reservations for stalls is incorrect, how do we go about choosing which stall we would like to reserve

2nd. Could we use our akc jump height card for the height check requirement. To receive the akc card you must have your dog measured at two different events after the dog turns 2

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Stalls at chAmps and height card
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:10:33 PM »
1) The current diagram is correct.   Which is why certain numbers get skipped, those were the incorrect stalls on the old diagram.

2) It's always been policy that we don't accept other venues paperwork.  So we'll stick to that for now.   The height check is really quick and easy for the judge to do, so you can just get it out of the way either at your next trial, or if you happen to know a judge in your area or club it can happen anytime :)

evlcek

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 01:16:04 AM »
Ok. But isn't the measuring process in nadac just an over under measurement not an exact?   maybe I'm misreading the groupings for champs, but I thought it said by their exact height?  Or does that mean if a doh is between 14 and 18 he will be compete against those dogs no matter what height he jumps?   In other words, my 14.5 inch dog will be scored against 16in digs even though he runs at 8in with skilled and jr height deductions?  Both of those deductions still apply at champs right?

evlcek

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 01:18:24 AM »
One more about measuring,In your response you said if you know a judge or club, does that mean a club member say the president or someone can measure your dog? 

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 08:49:55 AM »
I meant to say a judge within your club :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 08:51:32 AM »
Your correct about the measurement groups.  We have just found the methods of measuring from other venues does not always yield the samr results as us.

A dog that measures 17.5 in AKC might measure over 18 in nadac.  Which would change your grouping.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

evlcek

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 10:27:30 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. No judges here :(