Author Topic: live chat request  (Read 1192 times)

Amy McGovern

live chat request
« on: May 10, 2017, 10:49:07 AM »
While I think the live chats are awesome, there is already a lot to keep up with in changes and many of us don't have time to watch the chats to find the updates.  Can I please beg for the announcements to go on here after the chats?  I know I'm not alone in not having time to watch the chats to keep up.  I try really hard to keep up via the board but I just can't add the extra time to my day to watch a video too.  A quick announcement here would be fabulous.  Thank you!!!
Amy and the schnauzers

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: live chat request
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 12:41:41 PM »
I would request there be a post here a few days in advance of the next live chat.  I didn't know about the last one and just stumbled on to it.  I check the Fporum multiple time  a day so I don't miss things.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 01:08:45 PM »
I agree with Linda.  I didn't know anything about the "live chat" until I saw it on the Forum.  Would be nice to have some advance notice.  Thanks, Chris, for all you are doing to improve the NADAC experience. 

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »
When it's something like this one,   where it's not immediately effecting anyone negatively.   SCT going up and a new leaderboard on the website.   I'm not too good at announcing things.

When we did the big announcement about Hoopers I put that one out there almost a week in advance :)

But we'll try to let folks know!

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 09:29:52 AM »
I didn't know about it until an agility group posted it on their FB page! 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Amy McGovern

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 12:43:59 PM »
I guess my request is getting missed.  Is it ok to ask for a 2 sentence summary?  So far I've gathered that SCT is changing and something about a leaderboard... Truly, I can't be the only one who can read the board at lunch but who doesn't have time to watch the full videos?  Thank you for all that you do and I really am trying to keep up but adding the videos is just one thing too many for me.

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 01:08:56 PM »
I guess my request is getting missed.  Is it ok to ask for a 2 sentence summary?  So far I've gathered that SCT is changing and something about a leaderboard... Truly, I can't be the only one who can read the board at lunch but who doesn't have time to watch the full videos?  Thank you for all that you do and I really am trying to keep up but adding the videos is just one thing too many for me.

-Amy

1.  There is now a table in the rule/handbook (page 23) that lists exactly what SCT is for all classes (Reg, Chances, etc.) and all heights (20, 16, etc.) and all levels (Elite, Open, etc.).  It used to just be by class and level and the way you figured lower jump heights (and skilled, vet, etc.) was by doing the math for a 10 to 20% reduction in SCT.  Now there's just one table and SCT is listed for each class, each level, and each jump height.

2.  In the past there was an annual Top Ten List for the year.  From now on there will be a Top Ten List - most likely named "Leaderboard" that will be an ONGOING listing of top ten dogs.  It will probably just be top ten by class right now - and not by breed yet.
Marcy, Toby, Abby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 01:32:53 PM »
Thanks Marcy!

KellyDittmar

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 01:51:23 PM »
You're not the only one... Chris, I have an idea. Instead of a live chat to release changes, can those changes be announced on the forum and then a life chat scheduled for the next day? That way - everyone has access to the same info at the same time (ie even those not on facebook) and folks can attend the live chat if they have questions or want to hear more about the topics being discussed?

Thanks for adding the SCT chart! That makes it a lot easier!

Kelly
Kelly Dittmar
Sam & Jake
Minnesota

Amy McGovern

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
Thank you Marcy!!!

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 05:05:01 PM »
There is always the announcements page on the website if you prefer text over video :)   Not as detailed of info, but it gets the general point across

http://www.nadac.com/Announcements.html

I know there has been a lot lately, but once things settle down a bit these videos really won't happen much.  It will really only become a Q&A session for the folks who want it :)

giddyup

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »
Where is the new Leader Board listed on the website?
Thanks
Jill

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 05:53:32 AM »
Thanks
Jill

I just looked and I don't think it is up yet.  But I'm pretty sure it will be under the Titles and Awards Tab when it is.  That is where the other Top Ten Lists are now.
Marcy, Toby, Abby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 08:03:00 PM »
Thanks
Jill

I just looked and I don't think it is up yet.  But I'm pretty sure it will be under the Titles and Awards Tab when it is.  That is where the other Top Ten Lists are now.

Correct!

I'm putting the final touches on it tonight.  So should be able to get it up either tomorrow or the day after :)