Author Topic: Rubberizing equipment  (Read 948 times)

Amy McGovern

Rubberizing equipment
« on: May 29, 2017, 12:13:02 PM »
Other than the wonderful belting one can buy for rubberizing, do people have a favorite place to buy the kit for rubberizing equipment?  All of the websites say *theirs* is the best and I don't know which one to believe. Experience would be great.  Thanks!
Amy and the schnauzers

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
Re: Rubberizing equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 03:59:06 PM »
I have used this company's kits for a pause table. http://www.affordableagility.com/pamperedpaws.htm
...I will say holy crap granules are hard to work with. To get a good coating we laid them on thick as directions said. It has been a year now, and the table still "sheds" granules. The second table went a little better, but still sheds a lot so I dont think it is just technique.

There is a company that makes the granules in pre-done "mats" that you lay onto your contact equipment with rubber cement, I dont know if that one is nadac approved and I have not used it, but holy heck after the fuss it was to do granules to have it shed granules everywhere, I never want to do that again. Ever.

found it: https://store.huntersheart.com/category_s/1896.htm they say in their details it meets NADAC specs
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:05:08 PM by Edraith »
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Amy McGovern

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 07:18:43 PM »
I am actually trying to do a pause table so that is very good to know :). It's why I can't use the belting as they don't make it for tables since NADAC doesn't run tables.  But many of us NADAC people do run other venues and my dogs need to learn to actually pause on the table, LOL. 
Amy and the schnauzers

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »
What do you meant they dont make the shipp rubber for pause tables? I got quotes for a 3x3ft piece for a rebound training board we built for our center. Ended up going cheaper home depot stuff, but Shipp will cut it to any size you like is what they told me. I understand granules are what you find everywhere else though - but I would totally get a sheet of granules already imbedded into the ruberization and not the DIY. Honestly it took us 1.5 hours per table and it is "easy" as in it isn't hard work, but it just...I'm really not sure how people get better results that dont shed haha. I would gladly pay double for the sheet, and I dont think the granule sheet is double just 50% more.

EDIT: sorry i remembered wrong, just looked up the email. It was for 3x4ft pieces, they were going to be $30 each plus shipping. Shipp said to buy spraypaint meant for plastic if I wanted to colour it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:53:45 AM by Edraith »
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 11:06:33 AM »
Hey, Amy.  If you don't want to go with the belting or the pellet mix (which I'll bet could be a pain), why don't you look at Lowe's or Home Depot.  I think you can find some rubber in sheets or rolls.  It won't be as textured as either of the others but plenty traction to stop a little dog just jumping up on a table.  And you could probably install it using 3M contact cement spray.

Just a thought.

Good luck.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Amy McGovern

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 06:38:40 AM »
Wait, Shipp will make it for pause tables?  I had no idea! I looked and thought they only did NADAC equipment and since a pause table isn't NADAC, I didn't think they would do it.  That seems like an excellent answer to me :) Off to ask them for a quote.

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 10:04:46 AM »
Wait, Shipp will make it for pause tables?  I had no idea! I looked and thought they only did NADAC equipment and since a pause table isn't NADAC, I didn't think they would do it.  That seems like an excellent answer to me :) Off to ask them for a quote.

-Amy

Amy, are you going to the GOAL trial next week?  If so, and you can get Shipp to get it ready before next Thursday I could pick it up and bring it to you.  No need to pay "shipp" ing if you don't have to  ;)
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 02:54:04 PM »

-Amy
As far as I know they don't do slats and therefore only approved by NADAC.  But fortunately the table doesn't have slats.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Amy McGovern

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 02:39:11 PM »
Marcy, I appreciate the offer but we won't make GOAL next weekend.  Just too much going on!  Thank you though!
Amy and the schnauzers

ricbonner

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 09:27:27 PM »
For my pause table, I found a welcome mat at one of the big box hardware stores (Lowe's maybe?) made from recycled tire rubber.  2' x 3'.  My pause table is only 2'x2', so there isn't a seam.  It might be available in bigger sizes.  One side has a grid pattern, the other side is flat.  It cut easy with a razor knife.  Its about 1/4 inch thick.  Great traction in all conditions, a bit heavy.  It grips the table so well I didn't even glue it down.  Its been outside in Texas for about 3 years with no deterioration.  For my dogwalk I ordered the rubber granule kit from CleanRun.  That was a giant PITA.  Results were awesome, but I wouldn't do it again.  If I did that again I would pay the extra and order the completed skins.  But if I needed new skins for practice equipment I would probably search the hardware stores for rubber mats.  I saw some yoga mats the other day that had potential.