Author Topic: Veteran Dogs!  (Read 1049 times)

Smitty

Veteran Dogs!
« on: May 30, 2017, 01:05:57 PM »
Do the Veteran dogs run the Elite course or do they run a different course?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Veteran Dogs!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 05:52:43 PM »
Depends on how much of a veteran!

The only groups that run a shorter, different course,  is the Double Digit Veterans, and Pre-Elite.

Smitty

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »
Thanks Chris, She will be 9 years old in November! Right now I have a statement from you saying she qualified for Pre-Elite, then a month or so later a statement that says she is qualified for Elite!I'm very concerned about that because it will be our first Champs, I feel like my dog can handle the Elite course but I've had some medical issues and I'm not sure if I can handle the large course! I've been told that as long as she doesn't get 10 Q's in Regular Elite that I can enter her in Pre-Elite, Is this true Chris?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 07:27:08 AM »
That is correct!

You can't earn more than 100 points in elite regular, before sept 15th.

If you do then we would automatically bump you into Elite.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 07:33:47 AM »
So Chris - you are saying "no more than 100"  Amanda, when I asked for clarification says "no more than 95" 

So if a dog has 100 elite regular are they in pre-elite or elite?  The wording indicates that if it 105 or more then they need to run in Elite - bc the wording says

You can't earn more than 100 points in elite regular, before sept 15th - MORE being the pivitol word here

Please clarify - bc the premium says one thing and the clarification I got said another

makes a difference actually if someone does not want to run their dog in Elite at Champs
Maureen, Nika, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 08:39:52 AM »
I honestly feel like that's splitting hairs a bit!

But yes you're correct the wording does imply that anything over 100 would put you in elite, eg 105.

I really doubt anyone is going to trial up to the point of getting 100 points and then just stop until after sept 15th.  But maybe there is!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 09:02:26 AM »
Ah Chris- you must realize by now that some of us split hairs for a living and look at the actual words rather than the intent-   sorry couldn't resist putting my lawyer hat on!  ;D

Mary P.

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 09:42:31 AM »
I'm one of those doing Elite regular to a certain point and then STOPping!  I truly feel Buddy will do better & have more fun in pre-elite!  So, until Sept 15, we are in Open regular and that is after getting our S-OAC and 80 points in Elite.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, Walker & the shadow

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »
I am !  Zoe is not ready for Elite courses at Champs - but she is running in Elite at trials - I want her first experience at Champs to be at pre-elite so I may stop running her in Regular when she reaches the limit  - I actually had not thought she would even be close to 100 points in Regular but she's had a good spring :) 

- She's already done Superiors in all other levels - so no point in moving her back down

So she, for example, Has 70 Elite Regular points - what can she actually earn and NOT have to run in Elite at Champs?

And sorry - I'm a teacher - we teach kids to write what they really mean , so I am conditioned to take literal meaning in what is written in rules  :P

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:30:01 AM by Maureen deHaan »
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

Heidi Konesko

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 10:42:45 AM »
Do the Double Digit vets and the Pre-Elite dogs actually run the same shortened course?
-Heidi in NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 11:12:22 AM »
Do the Double Digit vets and the Pre-Elite dogs actually run the same shortened course?
-Heidi in NH

Yes.

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 11:25:00 AM »
Well - there you go - another reason I want to run Zoe in Pre-Elite - I want to have to remember ONE course and not screw up Kiva's run ! 
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

Foomin Z

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 03:42:18 PM »
Ah Chris- you must realize by now that some of us split hairs for a living and look at the actual words rather than the intent-   sorry couldn't resist putting my lawyer hat on!  ;D
Ha! Last year's Canadian nationals had quite the dust-up when one word from the French language premium was left out of the English language premium, concerning how dogs qualified for the final round in Steeplechase. It completely changed how people entered and ran. Luckily it was all fixed in the end, but not until the last day.

Words are super important.