Author Topic: Times  (Read 1107 times)

InfinityM45

Times
« on: June 10, 2017, 01:14:46 PM »
     I have never run at Champs.  I have a dog in the 20 plus height who is a double digit dog.  He has been running skilled at 12 inches.  I am a veteran handler.    So, when he runs at 12 inches what yards per second would he be expected to have to qualify in standard, touch and go and weavers?  Is the yps going to be similar to that calculated by the video run calculator?  It was mentioned in an earlier post that the reason for measuring was so that a larger dog jumping 12inches would not be competing against a dog that actually measured 12 inches. 

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Times
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
The times for a Q will be the same as what the calculator comes up with.

But, getting a Q at Champs is great, but it's different than your actual score.

All dogs start with a certain amount of points for each round, say 150.

Your time and faults are deducted from this number, so a 30 second run would get you 120 points.    That is how you are placed against your competitors for Championships.

Your competitors will be other Veterans who fall into your height group.   So you could be running against Veteran, Skilled dogs who would be jumping your same height.   Or you could also be competing against Veteran, Proficient dogs who are jumping 16.

But they will all be dogs who fall within your height group, so you won't be competing against a 16" tall border collie for example since your dog is over 18" at the withers.

That's a lot of info so I hope it wasn't too overwhelming!

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 04:06:59 PM »
As a newbie to champs, I am now confused.   Cocoa's standard jump height is 12 inches.   He is 9 years old and runs as a veteran skilled dog, jumping 4 inches.    Who would be his competition at Champs?

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 04:35:49 PM »
Veteran dogs, who measure between 11 and 14 inches.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

danforth

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 04:50:24 PM »
So those dogs would be jumping either 8 or 4 inches (proficient or skilled), correct?

If a dog were 8 years old, but not entered as a Vet, then they would not be competing with us?

Isabel

Isabel and Cocoa

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »
From the premium:

If  a  dog  is  over  7  on  August  1,  2016,  then  they  MUST  enter  the  Veterans  division.    If  a dog  is  over  10  on  the  first  day  of  the  Championships,  then  they  will  be  entered  into  the Double Digit division.

So you would never have an 8 year old dog not running in the Veteran division.

Kaiser is a shade under 14", is 9.5 years old, and jumps 4" as a Skilled Vet. He will be scored against other dogs who measure between 11" and 14" who may jump 4" or 8".

When it comes to Champs -- or really, NADAC in general -- I've always said it makes sense to take every height reduction possible.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH2/NATCH3 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy & Jedi

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 08:52:05 AM »
I could be wrong, Chris, but isn't this true UNLESS there are not enough dogs entered in your height/group to break into a seperate division.  Not a problem with taller dogs, but it has been the case in the East with the 4" vet and then 4" double digit the two years I've gone, where we got lumped in with the 8" dogs.  (NOT complaining, I understand, but just for people coming new this year.)
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »
I could be wrong, Chris, but isn't this true UNLESS there are not enough dogs entered in your height/group to break into a seperate division.  Not a problem with taller dogs, but it has been the case in the East with the 4" vet and then 4" double digit the two years I've gone, where we got lumped in with the 8" dogs.  (NOT complaining, I understand, but just for people coming new this year.)
Vicki

Yeah if a certain group doesn't get enough entries then we have to combine them with their next closest competitors.   Hopefully we have enough this year to split everyone up evenly though :)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
Vicki

Yeah if a certain group doesn't get enough entries then we have to combine them with their next closest competitors.   Hopefully we have enough this year to split everyone up evenly though :)

I hope so!  It has been great the past two years to see separate divisions, due to enough entries to be able to split them. 

So come on folks with all height dogs, get enough entered to be able to do splits!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

InfinityM45

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 03:11:54 PM »
    Chris   Thanks for the info on how the times/scoring are obtained for Champs.  There seem to be a lot of things about Champs that I need to learn.  Norma Gaddy

RebeccaU

Times
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 06:36:38 PM »

Your time and faults are deducted from this number, so a 30 second run would get you 120 points.    That is how you are placed against your competitors for Championships.

Your competitors will be other Veterans who fall into your height group.   So you could be running against Veteran, Skilled dogs who would be jumping your same height.   Or you could also be competing against Veteran, Proficient dogs who are jumping 16.

But they will all be dogs who fall within your height group, so you won't be competing against a 16" tall border collie for example since your dog is over 18" at the withers.

Champs newbie here, does the time plus faults score apply to pre elite dogs too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Becki, Keaton and Jet

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 07:14:29 PM »

Champs newbie here, does the time plus faults score apply to pre elite dogs too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup!