Author Topic: Are there Champs specific life skills?  (Read 1994 times)

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
Re: Are there Champs specific life skills?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »
What Chris said!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Marsha01

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 10:01:05 AM »
Be prepared to Decorate the stall/crating area in everything purple!  A definite fun activity!

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »
I would suggest a few things.  To remember the course, you have the opportunity to watch MANY teams run so you do get to see the course.   

My favorite thing about Champs was meeting new people from different parts of the country.  I am from the midwest so when I go to champs, I get to meet people from both coasts.

as far as keeping the dogs loose and relaxed, I didn't go for the free crating area.  I opted for a stall.  I just couldn't see my dogs being relaxed for 5 X 14 hour days with all those people and dogs roaming around.  The stalls give them privacy and I can let them out of their crates to roam around a bit too.

Finally, as everyone else has said, just have fun.  I was sooooo nervous my first run of my first champs.  But as I sat and watched the others run before me and their bobbles and errors, I realized that I was no worse or better than any of them and I really did relax. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Foomin Z

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 06:10:51 PM »

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 07:01:50 PM »
Yes, Chris' toffee is World Famous!!!!!  And she always brings lots of it to share!!!!!!!
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Heidi Konesko

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 06:26:05 AM »
These are great ideas!  Thank you for taking the time to share your wisdom, perspective, and experience. 
And actually, i may need all these weeks to try out a couple of dairy free toffee recipes...
:)   -Heidi in NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

Wild Terriers

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 06:15:58 AM »
Eat toffee.

Chris

I need 2 years worth - I never got any last year!!!  Must have just been in the wrong spots at the wrong times!!!  But, definitely for anyone who hasn't been to Champs - you MUST eat Chris' toffee - it is the BEST!!!

Karen and the wild Terriers
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Jeff Newman

• Just Live It!
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2017, 01:31:32 PM »
I am not one to post often to the forum. There are a couple of wonderful pieces of advice I received for my first champs.
1) When crating in a stall or larger area, crate with friends from your area. This allows the dogs to have some sense of ease and relaxation since they are around those people and dogs from the local events.
2) Relax and have a positive attitude no matter what the situation may be. This will also give your team mate a sense of ease.
3) Enjoy the moment. Every moment there is special. When you step to the line, just Smile!!! the bigger the moment the bigger the smile!!!