Author Topic: Western Regional Event Information  (Read 4088 times)

Becky Woodruff

• Judge
Western Regional Event Information
« on: June 05, 2017, 01:18:28 PM »
Hello Western Regional Folks,

The NADAC Western Regional Committee is hard at work formulating plans for the Western Regional to take place October 5-8, 2017 at the Ironwood Event Center in Reno, Nevada.   We are looking forward to a fun-filled four days of great agility.

The premium is available on the NADAC website under Events, http://www.nadac.com/Regionals.html

We have available spots for Vendors so if you are a vendor or if you know of someone who is and might be interested in space, please contact me at nadacbecky@aol.com.    The fee for the 4 days is $125.00 for a 10x10 space and $175.00 for a 10x20 space.
We also plan to host a raffle and are soliciting donations.   It can be anything from as small as a soap sampler basket to a crate, chair, x-pen or…  ?    We are looking for a variety of suitable items to help make the Regional raffle a success.   If you have something to donate or are willing to solicit local or not local businesses for donations, please contact me and we’ll go from there.

If anyone in the Reno/Sparks area has a favorite catering truck service or would be willing to check out “Food Truck Friday” to see which vendors might be interested in our event or obtain contact information and NADAC will do the follow up, it would be very helpful!
We are thinking that two different trucks on Thursday and Friday and a different two trucks for Saturday and Sunday might be the best way to accommodate exhibitors.

For those who will be coming with an RV, there are a limited number of sites with both electricity and water.  There are additional sites with electricity only and a large number of sites for dry camping.   Additional information regarding the cost and making reservations will be forthcoming.  Parking reservations will be made after we have received your entry.  Please stay tuned.  Once you’ve submitted your entry, please contact Sharon at nadacsharon@aol.com to request your RV parking reservation.

We have booked a block of ten rooms at the Ramada Reno Hotel, 1000 E. 6th St. 775-786-5151.  The group rate is $75.45 plus a flat pet fee of $30.00 (they usually charge $15.00 per pet per night!)
Please call to make reservations for the group rate under NADAC

There will be no crating on the main arena floor, but we will have a limited number of spots in the small dirt area connected to the arena, 10 x 10 stalls right outside the main building and a larger dirt area in the feed store building.
More information will be made available as we work out the details with Ironwood.

As is the case with any event, we need volunteers to help with all aspects in setting up, and breaking down as well as during the event itself.  If you are willing and able to help out, please feel free to e-mail me at nadacbecky@aol.com.   
The NADAC Staff is excited to be making plans for this regional event and will continue to share information as various pieces fall into place.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sharon at nadacsharon@aol.com or myself at nadacbecky@aol.com

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:17:24 AM by Sharon Nelson »
Becky Woodruff

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: Western Regional Event Information
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »
NADAC Western Regionals competitors, due to a scheduling conflict we have to change the dates from Oct. 12-15, to the dates Oct. 5-8. For those that have already entered, please confirm that the date change is okay.I will see you there! Chris will update the premium as soon as he can!
Good luck to all NADAC supporters going to the Championships or the Regional!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 05:17:51 PM »
Here is an RV park that is closest to the Ironwood Event Center, where the Western Regionals will be held Oct. 5-8.

Almost all RV spots are taken at Ironwood, unless you can dry camp.  So if you need to make off site reservations, here is some info.

Sparks Marina RV Park
1200 East Lincoln Way
Sparks, NV
775-851-8888
email:  Stay@SparksMarinaRVPark.com
www.sparksmarinarvpark.com

18 miles from Ironwood Events Center

Make reservations asap to guarantee Oct. dates

Back in = $43.00 per night
Pull through = $48.00

Two pet limit per site
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

HarryMelamed

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »
There was some talk of changing the run formats for the regional.  Do we know if there will be something different (i.e. more than 2 runs per day).

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 10:36:00 AM »
There was some talk of changing the run formats for the regional.  Do we know if there will be something different (i.e. more than 2 runs per day).

I would love to!  I will ask Chris if we can add more runs per day and have even more fun and even more different from Champs.  He is traveling right now, so probably not online.  And before that he was putting on a funraiser, traveling, doing a vacation with Visintainers, judging again and now traveling back to Oregon, so he has been very busy and hasn't been able to answer yet.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 11:03:23 PM »
Was a decision made as to whether runs were being added to Western Regionals?
Sheila & the Shelties

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 12:50:46 AM »
Was a decision made as to whether runs were being added to Western Regionals?

Yes, Chris will be posting a new premium with 2 more runs per day.  We will add two jumpers to Thursday and Saturday and add two Chances to Friday and Sunday!

NADAC and WAG in Elk Grove are joining together to off a "Jumpin for Chances" circuit for the high scoring dogs with scores combined between the WAG trial the weekend before the Regional and the runs at the Regional (Jumpers and Chances).  So be sure to enter the WAG trial the weekend before the Regionals!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 10:03:52 PM »
Just to clarify: the points will be combined from just jumpers and chances at WAG and the jumpers and clhances offered in Reno? Or will it be a total of all the runs at WAG and all the runs at Reno? Does this mean that the highest scoring dog in each category will get the invite to Champs, or is it the highest scoring dog in just the regular runs at Reno? Or is the event at WAG combined with Reno another separate event? Just trying to sort this out in my mind.
Sheila & the Shelties

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 10:13:06 PM »
Just to clarify: the points will be combined from just jumpers and chances at WAG and the jumpers and clhances offered in Reno? Or will it be a total of all the runs at WAG and all the runs at Reno? Does this mean that the highest scoring dog in each category will get the invite to Champs, or is it the highest scoring dog in just the regular runs at Reno? Or is the event at WAG combined with Reno another separate event? Just trying to sort this out in my mind.

It will be the Jumpers and Chances from WAG and the Jumpers/Chances from the Regional.

The invite for the 2018 Champs is from the Regular runs at the Regional.

So you could go for the Jumpers/Chances combined awards from WAG and the Regional and also show your teamwork in the Regular runs at the Regional and get invited to the 2018 Champs in Gillette, WY!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 07:07:53 AM »
Thanks!
Sheila & the Shelties

DataHound

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 04:42:04 PM »
Now that I plan to attend Regionals (dropped my premium in the mail today) I have a question. For the dogs that win at the Open level, will their Champs invite be at the Open level or will they get an automatic qualification for entry at the elite level? It seems likely that a dog who wins at the open level at Regionals will be at the elite level by Champs 2018. Not that I think we have a shot at winning but just wondering in the unlikely event. :D

Sandy Taylor
Shingle Springs, CA

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 10:03:20 PM »
Thank you for asking that question, Sandy. I was wondering that myself.
Sheila & the Shelties

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 03:10:51 PM »
Now that I plan to attend Regionals (dropped my premium in the mail today) I have a question. For the dogs that win at the Open level, will their Champs invite be at the Open level or will they get an automatic qualification for entry at the elite level? It seems likely that a dog who wins at the open level at Regionals will be at the elite level by Champs 2018. Not that I think we have a shot at winning but just wondering in the unlikely event. :D

Sandy Taylor
Shingle Springs, CA

Chris can correct me if I am wrong, but yes, I would assume that an Open level winner would have an Elite invite for 2018.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lynn Saunders

• Trial Secretary
  • Karosel Sheltie 3-Pack
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 07:28:10 AM »
That is very cool that Western Regionals have partnered with WAG for "Jumpin for Chances" -- great way to collaborate!

Lynn
Lynn Saunders
Truckee, CA
Where the Stars Shine Brighter...

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »
That is very cool that Western Regionals have partnered with WAG for "Jumpin for Chances" -- great way to collaborate!

Lynn

I agree!  And a great group to support also!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility