Author Topic: second chances  (Read 500 times)

bettyj.carter

second chances
« on: July 04, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »
Hi, Could someone tell me how second chances works? I am very interested. I have a young dog who has not been trialing very long and did not make the cut for entering. (Lacks 25 points in Regular). He started out with great contacts and not good weaves. Now he has great weaves and iffy contacts. I plan on really working contacts (impulse control issues). Other than that, he shows great promise. He will be traveling to Ohio with the rest of the family and if I could show him in Pre-Elite, I will. Plus, one of my good friends really wants him on their team. So, if there is any info on second chances (when to enter, deadline, etc.) I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Betty Carter

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: second chances
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »
Hey Betty,

Once entries close, August 1st we see how many empty spots we have
Then on August 2nd a new link will show up on the championships page for second chance and it will be limited to however many empty spots we have.

We can then review the second chance and decide who gets in.  You would definitely meet the criteria!

Someone who has 10 points in regular would be probably be passed over :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bettyj.carter

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 09:14:58 PM »
Thanks!! I'll look for that link Aug. 2nd!
Betty

Fran

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:48:20 AM »
I've never been to champs, so please forgive me if this is answered somewhere else - What criteria are used to evaluate second chance entries? I lack 20 regular points (which I hope to get next weekend) to make the pre-elite requirements.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
For this year I would like to see someone have at least 70 points in Regular for the year. 
There are other factors, mainly how full the event is.

When we are very close to being full the requirements become a bit tighter as we don't need many entries.   If it's a very small year for the event things get a bit more lax as we need dogs!