Author Topic: breed scoring  (Read 949 times)

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
breed scoring
« on: July 08, 2017, 07:09:39 PM »
Is there scoring (ranking) by breed at Champs, or is it all just by classes?

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa

Vicki Storrs

Re: breed scoring
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 08:51:48 AM »
No scoring by breed, HOWEVER people (anyone) sponser ALL KINDS of personalized jump bars. These include general "High Scoring Saint Bernard in Champs" to very Specific "High Scoring Brown Spanish Water Dog from Florida in Pre Elite". And you can also have a bar made up just for you "Beulah and Rover Championships 2017" or whatever. Sponsorship is pretty reasonable ($15?) and I would expect a sign up sheet to be starting any day now.
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 08:58:41 AM »
Additional info--there will be sign up sheets the last day for anyone who thinks they might be in the running for one of these bars (and there are usually a ton of them).  The years I've gone they were just handed out--I think we got many of them during the last walk through in 2015? for ones that obviously were already won, like for breeds that only had one entry--they are NOT part of the awards presentation at the end of Champs.
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »
No scoring by breed, HOWEVER people (anyone) sponser ALL KINDS of personalized jump bars. These include general "High Scoring Saint Bernard in Champs" to very Specific "High Scoring Brown Spanish Water Dog from Florida in Pre Elite". And you can also have a bar made up just for you "Beulah and Rover Championships 2017" or whatever. Sponsorship is pretty reasonable ($15?) and I would expect a sign up sheet to be starting any day now.
Vicki

I think they are $25 to sponsor.  But still a great opportunity to share the love.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 10:06:40 AM »
I LOVED getting my "highest scoring beagle" bar.  Yes, Cee Cee was the ONLY beagle, but that is OK!  It is a challenge to run a beagle in the first place and she stayed with me for all 7 runs without once going and sniffing in the corner!  And yes, there are a TON of them depending on who wants to sponsor what. Some clubs sponsor their own, some people sponsor rescues or by state, etc.  They are a fun thing to have.
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Heidi Konesko

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 10:48:03 AM »
so something like, "team of two aussies and one human from Alstead, NH" would be ok?
:)
-Heidi and two aussies in Alstead NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 04:49:03 PM »
Who is taking orders for bars and collecting sponsor information?
I've missed something.
Thanks - Kitty
Kitty & K9 Kids @ Kamp Kitty

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 07:31:07 PM »
Who is taking orders for bars and collecting sponsor information?
I've missed something.
Thanks - Kitty

You haven't missed anything!

We just haven't gotten it out yet.   Been packing a house this week so got a bit behind. 

I should get completely caught up this next week and then I can get everything else up :)

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 08:17:06 AM »
How dare you have a life (and a wife and a kid and a home) Chris???!!!
;-)
Vicki
Vicki Storrs