Author Topic: electricity in stalls  (Read 488 times)

robleath

electricity in stalls
« on: July 12, 2017, 05:58:56 PM »
Do all the stalls have their own electrical outlets or will there just be a few in the stall areas that will need to be shared.  I've seen both in the past and wondered what the set up would be in these stalls? 
Leath McLaughlin

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
Re: electricity in stalls
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 06:08:18 PM »
I think I read the answer to this awhile back when Chris was detailing everything.  And I think it's shared outlets - maybe one outlet for every 4 stalls or so.  So definitely need extension cord(s).

Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 08:59:49 PM »
There are drop down electric boxes about every  4 stalls, with I believe 8 plugs at each junction.

So if you're right under that box you would be all good, if you're the 3rd stall away you might want to bring an extension cord.
You shouldn't need one any longer than 25' and that would give you a good bit extra wiggle room

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »
Do you know if there is a way to run the cords overhead so they are not on the ground?  I would think that the person next to the junction box would not want to be tripping on cords all over.  I would think that there is a way to do it since they use these for horses.  If not, we might have to be creative.
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 09:10:26 AM »
Do you know if there is a way to run the cords overhead so they are not on the ground?  I would think that the person next to the junction box would not want to be tripping on cords all over.  I would think that there is a way to do it since they use these for horses.  If not, we might have to be creative.

Yup!

It should be very easy to run the cord right along the top edge of the stall.   Maybe a couple zip ties to keep it in place :)